Thread: LE Comero vs JCF Flex Chino Blazer

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

LE Comero vs JCF Flex Chino Blazer

I changed jobs about two years ago. I went from a business casual office environment to working from home, which made my clothing purchases significantly decrease since most days the only person who sees me is my wife (plus our cat). It was ultimately a chance for me to hit a reset button and really focus on the classics / more minimalist wardrobe. So with that said, there a couple "essential" items I want to upgrade or purchase. The main one is the stand alone navy blazer for professional and casual wear.

I do travel to see clients once or twice per month and usually go with a suit without a tie. I work in B2B software so the "vibe" of a client can range from start up to high level finance.

All that said, I have been eye-ing the LE Comero for some time; just waiting for a 50% off coupon. It seemed to check a lot of boxes - 100% wool, half canvas, more classic look with a modern fit. Then I saw the main site review on the JCF Flex Chino and wow - I like a lot of things about it. Color, unlined, price.

So now I am stuck with paralysis by analysis. On one hand, I can talk myself into the LE Comero since it can more easily be "dressed up" with wool pants, etc. On the other hand, I would likely wear the JCF Flex more for casual wear plus I live in Texas and work all across the Central and Western US so there are many times I need to wear a blazer when it's brutally hot out.

Ideally, I would go check both out in person but there isn't a dedicated Land's End or JCF near me. Does any one have in person reviews/pictures of either blazer? Any feedback on my predicament?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

https://www.landsend.com/products/me...47&PID=4025845

https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-clo...z0l38Z7eyI.2Hw

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Can't say I've dealt with either. Out of the two, I'd go LE.

I really like my J Crew Legacy blazer though. S130's wool and an overall great fit for me in the Crosby.

Could also look at S&M
    https://dappered.com/2017/03/in-revi...ack-sportcoat/

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)
    IMO a cotton navy blazer doesn't cover your "stand alone navy blazer for professional and casual wear" requirement no matter how nice it is. If the choice is between those two I would choose the LE unless it doesn't fit well. I also prefer wool to cotton in hot weather unless it's lined in poly.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)
    The Comero is great for half price, but it is fully lined and can get hot in the middle of Summer. It's still more versatile than a cotton blazer, however. It has a hopsack weave, so it's fine with whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I agree with paintflinger. You should check out S&M. I own one of their sportjackets and couldnt be happier. Now I dont own anything more expensive and hence wouldnt know the difference, but these are barely lined, unstructured shoulders and a hopsack weave. Mine is bright blue and hence extremely casual, but I like it a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have both the LE Comero and the S&M hopsack blazer. IMO the Comero is more of a workhorse, traditional blazer for a professional or business environment. I found the tailored fit to be excellent off the rack, the quality good, and the price great. I wear it weekly in Texas, and the lining in the heat isn't really an issue. The S&M is great too but it is a little more fashion forward due to the less structure and patch pockets. So I don't wear it for work as much. I would recommend trying the Comero - you should be able to get it 50% off at some point with free shipping, and if you don't like it you can return it for $7 by mail.