Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heritage work boots advice

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    343 Post(s)

Heritage work boots advice

I am looking for some heritage work boots, hopefully around $150 and durable. I am interested in what features I should look for as well as specific recommendations.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hundred and half is a little tough.

I've got a pair of Chippewa Apaches that are pretty nice. They are maybe a tad more modern than heritage. I paid closer to 100 flat when I got them a few years ago, but if you keep an eye on sales...
    https://workingperson.com/chippewa-b...RoCJO8QAvD_BwE

The Bean Engineer Boots are on sale right now, but still more like $187
    https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/5067...FcvIwAod0W0M9w

Could also look to the Frye Clearance Section. They sometimes have some pretty good deals, and they have a wide variety of styles

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    Red Wing Iron Ranger 2nds from Sierra Trading Post. With a coupon, they can be had for close to $150 and you can walk them through hell and back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post
    Red Wing Iron Ranger 2nds from Sierra Trading Post. With a coupon, they can be had for close to $150 and you can walk them through hell and back.
    You got me all excited. I've been wanting some Beckmans, but they only have them in a 7.5

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)
    You can get Chippewa service boots on Amazon for around $150. I got my dad a pair a few years ago and he liked them so much he got a second pair in a different color. He needs tough boots for work and both pairs are still going strong. I think specific features will depend on what you need them for.

Edit: Those LL Bean Engineer boots @bassopotamus recommended are made by Chippewa and essentially the same as the service boot. With their return policy and at 25% off that's a solid recommendation.
    Last edited by Geo; November 14th, 2017 at 02:20 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bassopotamus View Post
    You got me all excited. I've been wanting some Beckmans, but they only have them in a 7.5
    Keep checking back, or sign up for email alerts. They restock periodically and usually have IRs in Amber Harness as well as a selection of Beckmans. I have a pair of IRs that I picked up and they are excellent, but since we're talking seconds, you could end up with a dud. Just something to keep in mind.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I will indeed keep looking

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    You can get Chippewa service boots on Amazon for around $150. I got my dad a pair a few years ago and he liked them so much he got a second pair in a different color. He needs tough boots for work and both pairs are still going strong. I think specific features will depend on what you need them for.

Edit: Those LL Bean Engineer boots @bassopotamus recommended are made by Chippewa and essentially the same as the service boot. With their return policy and at 25% off that's a solid recommendation.
    I didn't realize that. you really know your stuff

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    343 Post(s)
    I would wear them to work, I do a mixture of office and workshop work, but I don't meet with customers. I would also like to walk in wet grass and not get my feet soaked (that happened to me recently)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post
    I also got a pair of Wolverine Kilometers from STP for a hundred bucks.