Thread: Low-Rise Chukka?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Low-Rise Chukka?

Hi Dappered Threads,

I'm looking for a lower-rise Chukka boot than I commonly see online. I currently wear the Clarks Desert Trek (not Desert Boot), which is effectively the rise I'm looking for. The downsides are the gum sole (which looks really dirty after a few wears) and the seam down the middle, which leads to a more casual appearance. I was in my mid-20s when I purchased them and basically used them to replace sneakers in casual situations.

Here is the Clarks Desert Trek:

I also own the AE Promontory Point, which covers me in the casual boot arena. They're a little too warm for Spring and Fall in Atlanta, which is the reason for this search.

Does anyone know of a slightly more grown-up low-rise chukka similar to the Desert Trek?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Quoted
    758 Post(s)
    I was about to be all like "bro! Atlanta! me too!" then I saw your user name. Sorry man, cant help ya. Go dawgs.

But seriously...so you are looking for a spring/fall chukka? Me too. Try the 1901 brand at nordstrom. The Barrett looks nice to me for the price. Wolverine made a pretty casual Chukka that I used to like. Cant remember the name. I like the redwing work chukkas too, if you can take that sole. All of those are n my list to try out but havent yet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I have the Barretts in chocolate suede and I can vouch for them being pretty well made over all and a great buy for the money. I have no idea about longevity, though. Looks good and feels good now.