Thread: That "Chino on Chino" look

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

That "Chino on Chino" look

So, in the $1500 wardrobe pants post, there's a comment about "chino on chino" and how Joe is "over that." I was a bit surprised to see that. I had no idea that Chinos and a cotton sportcoat (of a different color) were ever a bad thing. I wear that combo a lot.

Anyone else think this is a problem? What does the Dappered hive mind think?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    265 Post(s)
    I think plenty have pulled off the look when looking at WIWT. The issue at least for me is it seems out of place. I cannot wear chinos to work as they are too causal. Which usually leads to that looks landing squarely in the middle of not dressed up enough for work and id prefer other looks when going out.

To me the chino on chino look is better when a casual Friday type vibe sans tie.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Quoted
    758 Post(s)
    I do chinos with a textured sport coat. Was never a fan of the same material type top and bottom unless its a matched suit. I dont even wear my harrignton with chinos. But I am weird.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    He said he used to be hesitant about it, but he's over that now (meaning he's now fine with the chino on chino look).

I don't see anything wrong with it for as long as the two items have clearly different colors. Maybe it's just boring, and could be a lot more interesting if you mix different textures.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Quoted
    758 Post(s)
    also, I can vouch for those old navy chinos. One of my boys wanted to step up his wardrobe so we got him some chinos. JCF was not convenient for him to try them on so we gave ON a shot. I was impressed for a budget chino.