Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LL Bean today vs LL Bean Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    I took some chances today and went a little LL Bean crazy. I agree that I have not seen many LL Bean discounts go beyond 20%, and 25% is just asking for trouble if I don't use it. Got the girlfriend her Christmas present, and myself a little treat. Both are the LL Bean unlined duck boots. With the 25% off, it took it down to about 193 out the door... Remembered I had a lot of Discover rewards dollars... activated two LL Bean $100 certificates for $80 each... added two nice pairs of merino wool socks, and boom... $206 out the door. Credits brought it down to $6. Total spent including rewards = $166. So pretty much $83 LL Bean boots. Not bad?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    I could be mistaken, but it seems like the current sale doesn't have any exclusions, as Joe stated in the write-up of the sale (if there were any, I didn't run into them). They almost always exclude their Signature line, Original Bean Boots, and Maine Hunting Shoes from sales, so this is a great chance to grab the items that they generally leave out. I got myself a pair of the Maine Hunting Shoes that I've had my eye on (green waxed canvas uppers, brown rubber) for $112. That's as good as it gets for them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaimeGarcia View Post
    I could be mistaken, but it seems like the current sale doesn't have any exclusions, as Joe stated in the write-up of the sale (if there were any, I didn't run into them). They almost always exclude their Signature line, Original Bean Boots, and Maine Hunting Shoes from sales, so this is a great chance to grab the items that they generally leave out. I got myself a pair of the Maine Hunting Shoes that I've had my eye on (green waxed canvas uppers, brown rubber) for $112. That's as good as it gets for them.
    @JaimeGarcia

Would you happen to know the differences between the normal bean boots and the current Maine Hunting boots? I tried to find reviews, or info on the website, but I cannot really come to any conclusion. Do you have a preference? What makes one better than the other? Still want to jump on them if they are better. Any info is appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Things are about to get crazy Bean style ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmeyers View Post
    Things are about to get crazy Bean style ...
    Traverse Stretch shirt Jac, fleece lined flannel, bean boot socks, and primaloft shirt jac

Warming up for cold weather here. Went to my local store and tried on all these.

Thanks everyone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KantStopDario View Post
    @JaimeGarcia

Would you happen to know the differences between the normal bean boots and the current Maine Hunting boots? I tried to find reviews, or info on the website, but I cannot really come to any conclusion. Do you have a preference? What makes one better than the other? Still want to jump on them if they are better. Any info is appreciated!
    Other than different options for the materials of the uppers, it appears to be a distinction without a difference. I went for the waxed canvas Hunting Shoe, you can't get the Bean Boot in canvas, but my impression from handling leather versions of both in-store is that the Bean Boot has slightly heavier leather uppers. The Hunting Shoe seemed a little more supple and pliable right off the rack. But this could vary between different styles of leather, I know they also offer the Bean Boot in bison leather. The construction of the lower portion of the boot seems to be identical, other than the printing on the heel. Same tread, same heel profile, both have a steel shank. The difference seems to be largely in name alone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I've had a pair of unlined duck boots for years and they are great. Got them for hunting, but they are excellent for daily wear when things are sloppy.

I kind of have my eye on the Katahdin Engineer boots as a Red Wing alternative, but they're still not cheap, and I may just hold out for the Red Wings

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    There has been some discussion, can't recall where, that the hunting boot has a slightly different rubber bottom, more designed for walking through forest and field (since you're hunting!) while the Bean Boot is a little more resilient, designed for concrete and civilization.

In any case, call and ask them. Best customer service in the world at LLB.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by napaxton View Post
    There has been some discussion, can't recall where, that the hunting boot has a slightly different rubber bottom, more designed for walking through forest and field (since you're hunting!) while the Bean Boot is a little more resilient, designed for concrete and civilization.

In any case, call and ask them. Best customer service in the world at LLB.
    I was just hunting in the regular one. It was still plenty grippy for the terrain we were on

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bassopotamus View Post
    I was just hunting in the regular one. It was still plenty grippy for the terrain we were on
    I'm sure that if there is any real difference, it's marginal at best. ;-)