Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chukka boots not too bulky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Chukka boots not too bulky

I'm looking for chukka boots. Last year I bought AE Dundee 2.0 boots before I knew what to look for in a boot. It's a bit too bulky and I don't see it as a good representation of a chukka boot.

I tried Clarks and those are better in looks, but still too bulky. I wear a 10B (narrow width) and I'm looking for recommendations on a slimmer chukka boot. I haven't decided on full grain or suede, but I could be persuaded of either if the silhouette is right. Not looking for Italian sleek, but not Doc Marten's bulky either.

Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    325 Post(s)
    J.Crew Macalister. Perfect toe shape.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    this was exactly what i struggled with in a Chukka. I ended up with the Jcrew suede Chukka and i do like them but wish it were even more slim in the toe. The pics online look perfect but i feel it is a little chunkier in person. With that said, i wanted and still do want the Cobber Union Suede Chukka. They have them in leather and I may or may not have heard there is a lighter color on the way too

I love these because they are slim in the toe box AND they have a rubber sole which i really wanted. The jcrews i have do not and that is another big thing for me. I just caught the JCrews for 150 shipped and couldnt pass them up. Cobbler is expensive but i absolutely love them as a company (i live in the metro atlanta area) and those shoes specifically. I have three of their shoes and I am obsessed. I want at least three more from them right now.

https://www.cobbler-union.com/collec...-suede-leather

you have to see them in person.

Oh BTW, the JCrews i have are the Ludlow - https://www.jcrew.com/us/p/mens_cate...0aAseeEALw_wcB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neminat View Post
    this was exactly what i struggled with in a Chukka. I ended up with the Jcrew suede Chukka and i do like them but wish it were even more slim in the toe. The pics online look perfect but i feel it is a little chunkier in person. With that said, i wanted and still do want the Cobber Union Suede Chukka. They have them in leather and I may or may not have heard there is a lighter color on the way too

I love these because they are slim in the toe box AND they have a rubber sole which i really wanted. The jcrews i have do not and that is another big thing for me. I just caught the JCrews for 150 shipped and couldnt pass them up. Cobbler is expensive but i absolutely love them as a company (i live in the metro atlanta area) and those shoes specifically. I have three of their shoes and I am obsessed. I want at least three more from them right now.

https://www.cobbler-union.com/collec...-suede-leather

you have to see them in person.

Oh BTW, the JCrews i have are the Ludlow - https://www.jcrew.com/us/p/mens_cate...0aAseeEALw_wcB
    My man you sure do have champagne taste. I didn't put in for the AE chukka massdrop b/c I thought $300 was a bit spendy. Those Cobbler Unions look promising but I would have to see them in person.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pborkstrom View Post
    My man you sure do have champagne taste. I didn't put in for the AE chukka massdrop b/c I thought $300 was a bit spendy. Those Cobbler Unions look promising but I would have to see them in person.

LOL. trust me i have a beer budget. its tough to pull the trigger. i always envy jcrew clothes but cant do it unless on a huge sale. I'm stingy for the most part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I also think that the AE Dundees are a little bulkier and that the JCrew Ludlow Chukkas look and feel chunkier in person than online. I returned the Ludlow chukkas after being slightly disappointed with their shape in person.

I think that the AExMassdrop chukkas have a sleeker toe but if you aren't looking to spend that kind of money (I got a pair lightly used for a heavy discount and they're my favorite shoes now) then maybe check out the 1901 Barrett chukka from Nordstrom. It feels marginally sleeker than the Dundee to me. Maybe it's the lack of a Goodyear welt. Nordstrom's return policy also mitigated the risk in case you don't like the way they look or feel. They're available in suede or smooth leather.

Again this is just my opinion.
    Maybe this photo of the chukkas could help. Clockwise from top left: AExMassdrop, 1901 Barrett, AE Dundee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis19 View Post
    I also think that the AE Dundees are a little bulkier and that the JCrew Ludlow Chukkas look and feel chunkier in person than online. I returned the Ludlow chukkas after being slightly disappointed with their shape in person.

I think that the AExMassdrop chukkas have a sleeker toe but if you aren't looking to spend that kind of money (I got a pair lightly used for a heavy discount and they're my favorite shoes now) then maybe check out the 1901 Barrett chukka from Nordstrom. It feels marginally sleeker than the Dundee to me. Maybe it's the lack of a Goodyear welt. Nordstrom's return policy also mitigated the risk in case you don't like the way they look or feel. They're available in suede or smooth leather.

Again this is just my opinion.
    Maybe this photo of the chukkas could help. Clockwise from top left: AExMassdrop, 1901 Barrett, AE Dundee.

I don't suppose I could trouble you for a profile shot? It took some time and quite a bit of returns to get my dress shoe size nailed. I don't know if I have it in me to start all over with a boot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I gotta say it feels a bit weird to take photos of my shoes and post them online haha-sorry about the weird indoor lighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis19 View Post
    I gotta say it feels a bit weird to take photos of my shoes and post them online haha-sorry about the weird indoor lighting

Those AE massdrops look about perfect. Don't be shy posting shoe pics. I have 2 pics in my wallet. One of the wife & kids, and one of my shoes!