Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: When you wear a cardigan people say...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesape View Post
    I'm 36 and love cardigans. I'll get a little bit of jokes, but screw it. I love em. I don't have a ton of cardigans because I view these as my luxury items in that I want them to last for essentially ever, so I'm willing to spend a bit of money on them. I like the kind of chunky shawls one a lot. I had bought one from Bonobos a couple of years ago - was not cheap, but that thing did not hold up as I'd like it have given the cost. I still wear it but caused me to sour on Bonobos a bit.

Last year, I bought a one from Polo Ralph Lauren. Grey shawl one. It was originally over $400, but I waited to late in the season (maybe late Jan), and ended up getting it for more than 50% off. Still a lot of money, but I think they are timeless, and I hope the quality allows it to last a long time. My one gripe is that I wish it was more of trimmer cut than it is. They also had a cool plaid one that started north of $500, but it never got down to a price where I could justify it.

I've already started trying to find some this year that I can jump on late in the season at a substantial discount.

Long live cardigans.
    Same boat here, chunky shawl cardigans are an AWESOME alternative to a blazer on a casual office day, or an easy way to dress up a bit when I go see in-laws! My wife always compliments me when I wear a cardigan too, so that also works for me

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    198 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @Nandyn, buddy I was out shopping today and came across this in my travels. Just had to take a photo for ya! Cheers.

I would wear the hell out of that.
    Donít call what your wearing an outfit. Donít ever say your car is broke.
    Donít sing with a fake British accent. Donít act like your familyís a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    It works pretty well here in our little mountain town (Bend, Oregon) with raw denim and lace-up boots for Fall/Spring.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1311 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    I would wear the hell out of that.
    See now you have me thinking I should have given that shawl a try when I was in the store...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I wear cardigans pretty often. My go-to outer layer for spring/fall. I get a lot of compliments, actually. The closest thing to ribbing I'll get is people remarking that I have a lot of cardigans.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    I love cardigans but I guess that's because I am an old guy, lol. I recently read on another men's style website that they feel they make younger men look more mature and respectable and older men more youthful. I agree.

Personally I think the negative connetation associating them with a Mr. Rogers look is so much rubbish. I think he looked pretty "put together". To each his own.

I will say that my point of view regarding shawl cardigans has evolved. I use to despise them but I am warming up (no pun intended) to them. Most of that has to do with the information from the people on this forum and the posts I have seen. I value the experience and opinions of the guys on this forum much more then a lot of random internet influencers.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1311 Post(s)
    So damn you guys. And of course I mean that in the nicest way possible.

After @BillN posted he'd wear the hell outta that cardigan, I made a special trip to the store to day with the express purpose of purchasing the cardigan. So there ya go. My first cardigan purchase. The weather here is warming up so I'm not sure if, or when, I'll get a chance to wear it. When I do finally wear the cardigan though, I'll be sure to snap a pic, @Nandyn style.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    301 Post(s)

After @BillN posted he'd wear the hell outta that cardigan, I made a special trip to the store to day with the express purpose of purchasing the cardigan. So there ya go. My first cardigan purchase. The weather here is warming up so I'm not sure if, or when, I'll get a chance to wear it. When I do finally wear the cardigan though, I'll be sure to snap a pic, @Nandyn style.
    <3 Looking forward to it!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    198 Post(s)
    Excellent. You won’t regret it.

Donít call what your wearing an outfit. Donít ever say your car is broke.
    Donít sing with a fake British accent. Donít act like your familyís a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    204 Post(s)
    I wear a couple chunky cardigans, (also love that one DocDave! Looks great!). Have gotten a number of compliments on them and no "Mr Rogers" type comments.