Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Anyone heard of West Louis?

Quote Originally Posted by guppy View Post
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words:

Lol I would say so.

I have occasionally tried out places I find online that look like they have potential but also appear sketchy. It's kind of a game for me. I view it as such so when disappointed am not surprised or really upset by it. I expect it to be rubbish from the get go.

From my own experiences with sites like the one you post I can tell you this. 9/10 chance it is based in China and rebranding items found on Alibaba for $5. Then marking up the price 1000%.

7/10 chance that what arrives is only a general representation of what you thought you would get. Different fabric, color, fit etc. When this happens it can be hilariously low quality. Not even fit for donation. I should post some pictures for fun one day.

If you play around enough you can find hidden gems. Some more recent ones are H2H (based on S. Korea) which makes some good stuff if you are careful and do your research. LeatherCult (based in India) which I've posted about and have become a fanboy of is another.

But expect rubbish. That's the bottomline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Publius; October 24th, 2017 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Those pictures remind of the cheap Korean or Chinese brands that always clog up Amazon's clothing sections. Like"the Lees" , wantdo, doublju, etc. Those sleeves look entirely too narrow. If you work out even a little bit, you'd probably be able to go all Hulk on those arm seams.

YES 100%

i didn't know how to place it exactly, but that is exactly what i was thinking.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    YES 100%

i didn't know how to place it exactly, but that is exactly what i was thinking.
    And, if you run a few reverse image searches, you'll quickly see that there's a reason for that - many of the images on the West Louis website are ripped straight from cheap Asian brands selling on Amazon.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)
    the whole site looks like this basically

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fashion-Men...0AAOSwB-1Yr~P8