Thread: Custom MTM options in Toronto?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Custom MTM options in Toronto?

I'll be looking to start an MTM process in Toronto. Definitely want an in-person fitting. Either half-canvassed or fully canvassed.

So far I've read the following sources:
    Spier & Mackay
    Indochino
    SuitSupply
    Harry Rosen
    Garrison Bespoke

Which is the best value out of them? If I've missed any shops, please let me know. Preference is Value first, with Cost a strong second.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by animeking View Post
    I'll be looking to start an MTM process in Toronto. Definitely want an in-person fitting. Either half-canvassed or fully canvassed.

So far I've read the following sources:
    Spier & Mackay
    Indochino
    SuitSupply
    Harry Rosen
    Garrison Bespoke

Which is the best value out of them? If I've missed any shops, please let me know. Preference is Value first, with Cost a strong second.
    I'm not very familiar with some of the options you've mentioned but my vote is for S&M. They have some really incredible fabrics available for MTM and there are some nice examples of finished MTM projects over on the SF thread that are drool worthy.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    One other option is the MTM program at Moore's.

There's two price points: JOE by Joseph Abboud (younger leaning) and the higher-end Joseph Abboud.

Multiple fits, and a pretty good range of fabrics. Joseph Abboud is half canvassed but I'm not sure about JOE.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    247 Post(s)
    Based on secondhand experience, avoid Indochino and SuitSupply. SuitSupply may have good OTR products, but the 3-4 MTM suits I've seen online were just disaster.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galcobar View Post
    One other option is the MTM program at Moore's.

There's two price points: JOE by Joseph Abboud (younger leaning) and the higher-end Joseph Abboud.

Multiple fits, and a pretty good range of fabrics. Joseph Abboud is half canvassed but I'm not sure about JOE.
    I'll say I'm not a fan of the Abboud OTR shirts, but I guess I can check their MTM program.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Personally I would consider S&M. I can't comment on the prices of MTM at Harry Rosen but I enquired about getting a basic MTM winter coat there a couple years ago and I was told the starting price was $1800. Although not a suit, I think it's too easy to spend too much there. Plus the vibe in that store is not my thing

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amesbury View Post
    Personally I would consider S&M. I can't comment on the prices of MTM at Harry Rosen but I enquired about getting a basic MTM winter coat there a couple years ago and I was told the starting price was $1800. Although not a suit, I think it's too easy to spend too much there. Plus the vibe in that store is not my thing

I think I would only consider Harry Rosen during their annual MTM events, where the prices aren't crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by animeking View Post
    I think I would only consider Harry Rosen during their annual MTM events, where the prices aren't crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Since I don't pay much attention to HR I didn't realize they have annual events like that. Good to know. Anyway, good luck and hope you can find what you're looking for.