Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garden Wedding Atire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tact View Post
    That might be a tad too casual but maybe not, hard to tell without actually seeing the outfit together. But it could likely work.

Just for comparison I just wore this jacket with white pants, a light blue shirt, and a pair of brown suede loafers to an outdoor garden type wedding and got a lot of compliments:

https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack.../C1103I06.html

Granted it is almost 3x as much price wise But I wear suits and blazers daily so I justify my costs lol

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    Navy and and medium blue works well with garden colors. You might also consider a tartan blue-green sport coat. Looking this up makes me want one, at least.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    100% agree. I love the black watch tartan! Go with that, it'll be mid November so be a little festive/seasonal!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tact View Post
    Thanks all. I didn’t realize how hard it was to match a jacket to blue pants when I bought them. I may end up going jacketless, since it’s Florida, and could be warm even in November.
    There's a reason why most odd trousers are grey or beige.

You can match blue trousers, but it takes finesse and is hard to do if you're shopping online. Even if you find a brown jacket, it might not be the right shade to complement the trousers. It's much easier to match a color with a neutral.

If you have suits, it might me better to go with one of them and then be a little whimsical with your shirt and accessories. A pink shirt (and a bow tie) would work for a garden party.