Thread: Alfred Sargent Suede Boots

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Alfred Sargent Suede Boots

Hello!

Anybody know anything about these boots?

https://www.amazon.com/Alfred-Sargen.../dp/B0751X1919

They're on a good sale, and I'm interested in some dark brown suede boots for the winter. But I can't tell if these are good year welted, if the suede is high-quality, etc.

Honestly I was thinking about buying the Herring Campdens for warmer weather and the Herring Gosforths for the winter and making them a part of my regular wear (I also wear Clarks desert boots nonstop in the summer). So I'm a fan of the chukka boot, but I think I want the higher boot shaft of something like the above boots to help keep me warmer in the winter.

All opinions are also welcome!

Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    I couldn’t imagine Alfred Sargent not being GYW. I would say that they are at least at the level of Allen Edmonds if not a rung above. I don’t own a pair of Alfred Sargent, but I do own a pair of Wildsmith (which I understand had multiple connections to AS). They used to be considered a “budget” shoe compared to Crockett and Jones. I think their quality has even improved in the past few years, from what I have read.

BTW, I think those are very nice looking boots.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)
    These are going to be higher end than those herrings you were considering. AS shoes range from high 300s to 500s, maybe more, I haven't followed them much lately. They're a step up from Allen Edmonds, I'd say on par w/ Carmina with the major caveat being I have not had experience w/ AS suede whereas Carmina suede is some of the very best at any price range, in my opinion. Great deal and a good looking boot - I would buy!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    I'd agree with what has been said above me with one caveat. AS are known to have a fairly high instep on their lasts although with boots, it may not matter much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Thanks guys! I bought em! Ill let you know how they go.

I feel like I was in the same boat you are, if they're alfred sargent they should be high quality. My concern was that alfred sargent "for j lindberg" was somehow worse. Im fine with them not being $700 boots etc haha just wanted to make sure there's nothing fishy going on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    And speaking of the Herring Campdens, do they ever go on sale? I feel like ive been checking them on the herring site for quite some time now and no sale...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)
    AS's suede are pretty good quality suede. I own a pair of AS suede boots, and the nap on my AS are pretty good quality.