Thread: Best demin to show off those Daltons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Best demin to show off those Daltons

Hey guys,

I recently bought a pair of Daltons that i normally wear to work and look great with slacks. I've been trying to find some nice jeans to wear them with but i can't seem to get the right fitting pants.
    The problem i've been having is finding jeans that have the hem opening just wide enough to show off most of the boot like in

OR

As opposed to:

... and at the same time not be extremely tight at the hips and thighs.

I tried the tapered 514s from Levis but they didn't look quite right. I normally wear 30x30.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    You could try a "pin roll" on the 514s if you think the hem is too loose (and you have enough length to roll them).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    There's not a lot of companies out there that have jeans with a straight fit through the hip and thighs, but with a sharp taper from the knees down. The only one that I can think of are jeans from Bonobos in their "athletic" fit.

An option would be to altering your jeans. Any tailor/alteration shop should be able to take your jeans in to your desired hem opening. Pin rolling is also an option, as already mentioned.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    If you like Levi’s, try the Made and Crafted Shuttle, or Tack. They taper nicely for me. You can find new ones on EBay for a steal