Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dappered.com's Steal Alert: Gustin Briefcases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)

Dappered.com's Steal Alert: Gustin Briefcases

"...returns? Troublesome if not impossible. They don’t carry a bunch of inventory (due to the model) so they’re not keen on throwing returns back onto shelves. They can try to do an exchange or offer store credit, but it’s best to consider everything final sale. So this is far from risk free."

Found this to be rather off. That may have been the case a few years back, but it's far from the case now. They have a stock store now, so they can put the returns up on their stock store, and sell them at a slight premium for not having to wait. So you can do returns pretty easily, and for full refund, not just store credit, granted you bought with a credit card and not with store credit, obv. Sometimes they say exchange or store credit, but if you ask for a full refund, they'll give it to you. I haven't had a single return denied, whether it was shirts/denim/chinos/or shoes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Not only that, but you're a lot less likely to have an issue with a briefcase than, say, underestimating the value of the word "slim" in a shirt. I'm veeeery close to pulling the trigger on that Horween #8 model personally, but something about a (very young) jeans company making a briefcase just isn't sitting right with me.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quoted
    639 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skewl View Post
    Not only that, but you're a lot less likely to have an issue with a briefcase than, say, underestimating the value of the word "slim" in a shirt. I'm veeeery close to pulling the trigger on that Horween #8 model personally, but something about a (very young) jeans company making a briefcase just isn't sitting right with me.
    I had thought it was an outrageous deal back when gustin emailed me about it, and I was happy to see Joe thought the same way. It's an understated simple bag. it's not too big, which is fine these days with the size of tablet computers and smart phones. I could probably even throw a set of shoes in there on my walk to work.

I would classify myself as an ultra leather elitist, I can safely say that going out and buying that much of the horween chromexel leather would nearly cost a hundred bucks by itself. Nevermind the pieces of hardware to put it together.

I had been eyeballing similar saddleback bags which are probably better than this one, but are also a lot more money (maybe $400?), and only a tiny bit better.
    I really don't understand how it's so little money.

Maybe they're not making any money on it, and they're trying to make a big splash in the man-purse world? Ala tiebar

Anyhow, i'm fine with not knowing why. If they killed three kittens in a sacrafice to satan himself to make every bag, i think i'll get over it for the price. I'll probably have that bag for the next ten years or until I lose it.

This was actually by first Gustin Purchase, just FYI. I *just* bought a #8 one about three seconds ago. because why the heck not?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    I wish I had $200 laying around... I have a bit of a fetish for that #8 Chromexcel...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Would it look silly to have a color #8 bag, while wearing a pair of shell color #8 boots and a color #8 belt?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    Would it look silly to have a color #8 bag, while wearing a pair of shell color #8 boots and a color #8 belt?
    it would look silly not to!

yeah, thought it sounded like a great deal when i saw the email, i do love #8. however, i just bought a briefcase from BR for $100 that i really like.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    I'd do it! Give me a few weeks and I can hook you up with a #8 NATO strap for your watch!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    it would look silly not to!

yeah, thought it sounded like a great deal when i saw the email, i do love #8. however, i just bought a briefcase from BR for $100 that i really like.
    Same boat as you -- I have that Expresso/Darker tan finish briefcase from BR that has similar styling to the Gustin brief. I know #8 is a popular color but I'm actually a bigger fan of the BR case's Expresso color.

I'm on the edge of getting the Gustin still just cause I think it'll last much longer. But who knows right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post
    I'd do it! Give me a few weeks and I can hook you up with a #8 NATO strap for your watch!
    I already have a Color #8 nato strap heh =x

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHGhDIZgvX0/

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    I already have a Color #8 nato strap heh =x

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHGhDIZgvX0/
    Good lord those are beautiful boots! I'm very jealous!