Thread: Experience with Unbranded Jeans?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Experience with Unbranded Jeans?

My trusty Levi 514 are giving out after a couple of years as the length shrunk about two inches and the zipper now requires a key ring to stay up. Instead of just buying another pair I was thinking of looking a little higher end. Research has suggested that Unbranded Jeans is the next tier up: https://theunbrandedbrand.com/collec...iant=265054950. Anyone have experience with them or other recommendations?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    I favor Levi 541 and am always on the lookout for jeans that fit thunder thighs. A month or two ago I picked up a pair of Unbranded "relaxed tapered". So far I'm happy with them. The have no stretch though, so if you're used to that, just keep it in mind. They are sanforized, but will shrink some when washed. Quality seems good. The denim is a nice weight (14.5oz on mine) but will be noticeably heavier then the Levis. I'm planning to pick up a pair of their 21oz heavyweights soon for the colder months.

If possible, order them from Amazon. The price is the same and they are eligible for Prime shipping. If you order directly from Unbranded and need to return them for some reason you'll have to deal with return shipping to Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Thanks for the valuable information on using prime. I was looking at the tapered or straight version. Did you soak them first, or just wear to break in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Unbranded is Naked and Famous. I have a pair of UB201s that I got on Prime Day for $50. Essentially a N&F Weird Guy 14.5 oz. Overall, very happy with cost vs quality, though I haven't worn them much since I'm trying to fade my Baldwins.

Sorry, can't compare to Levis. Compared to Uniqlo straight fit selvedge, they have a slightly higher rise (though still low), slightly wider thighs, and slightly more taper. These are all good things to me.

I'm a 32 in most pants and got a 32. Probably could have gone 31 with the typical denim waist stretch, but I wanted more thigh room on these. For now, I just crank the belt, but may get the waist taken in if they stretch much more.

Edit: to answer your question. Inside out cold soak.
    Last edited by connersw; October 19th, 2017 at 10:26 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    I tried them on out of the bag, then soaked them to get out some of the starch. I put them on damp since they fit snugly to begin with and let them dry that way. Wore them for a month, and washed them in the machine, let them air dry some, and again put them on damp. They did seem to shrink more with the machine wash (even though it was cold and gentle cycle), so probably will wash in the tub next time. I personally don't care about "sick fadez", so if you do your care routine may be different.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post
    I tried them on out of the bag, then soaked them to get out some of the starch. I put them on damp since they fit snugly to begin with and let them dry that way. Wore them for a month, and washed them in the machine, let them air dry some, and again put them on damp. They did seem to shrink more with the machine wash (even though it was cold and gentle cycle), so probably will wash in the tub next time. I personally don't care about "sick fadez", so if you do your care routine may be different.
    Mr. Charles, did you buy them in your regular denim size?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasma View Post
    Mr. Charles, did you buy them in your regular denim size?
    Yes and no... I fit a 31 in the Levi 541 but that may be due to the stretch and higher rise being closer to my true waist and vanity sizing. In other jean brands I'm a 34, and that is what fit with Unbranded.

Unbranded recommends taking your best fitting jeans, measuring them, and buying the size that best fits those measurements on Unbranded's size chart.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by connersw View Post
    Unbranded is Naked and Famous. I have a pair of UB201s that I got on Prime Day for $50. Essentially a N&F Weird Guy 14.5 oz.
    The difference being that Naked and Famous is made in Canada (except for a made in Japan release recently) instead of China, for those who are interested in origin.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Doctor View Post
    The difference being that Naked and Famous is made in Canada (except for a made in Japan release recently) instead of China, for those who are interested in origin.
    The origin is all the denim comes from Japanese mills. While N&F is stitched together in Canada, yes, Unbranded is sewn together in Macau at the same factory as APC. It's a 2017 global economy where goods for SS, S&M, J.Crew, etc (plenty of beloved Dappered brands) are all sewn in China.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk