Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Athletic Shorts and Pants

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    A "fairly average 5'10" is like the exact specification for the average adult male. I find it hard to believe that there aren't clothes that fit that shape.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)
    I have the Myles Everyday shorts and the Momentum shorts. I highly recommend both but they're are very different. Like @Paddington mentioned the Everyday shorts aren't great workout shorts. The material is very thick and gets way too hot during high intensity workouts. They're cut a little wider and have a fair amount of 4-ways stretch so you can still use them for squats, dead lifts, etc. I just avoid metcons and running in them. They also make a swishing noise when you walk (a-la George Costanza) but it goes away after a few wears.

The Momentum shorts are insanely light and stretchy. They're much better suited for high intensity workouts. They also have a great pocket design for running with your phone. The pockets face backwards so everything stays snug against your body. The only downside I've found is that the rise is a bit lower than the Everyday short. Combined that with thin material and your boys can be on full display in the lighter color ways.

I was a huge fan of LuluLemon Pacebreaker shorts prior to trying Myles. I now prefer either pair of the Myles shorts. If they made a pair with the cut of the Everyday short and the material of the Momentum short, they would have a perfect pair of workout shorts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    One more fan of the LuluLemon Pacebreaker. When we talk about value it cannot be beat. It is expensive initially, but their return policy is superb and unquestioning. I have accidentally torn shorts and pulled out the string out. I brought them back and they returned it without question giving me a brand new pair. A major plus is they do a great job of not holding stink.