Thread: Bachrach Suits: Thoughts?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

Bachrach Suits: Thoughts?

Does anyone have any opinions on Bachrach suits? I'm sure they aren't quite up to Spier & Mackay or Suit Supply, etc... but they've got a suit that does what I'm looking for (peak lapel, single breasted, no ticket pocket, dark blue) that I haven't been able to find anywhere else, and it fits me very nicely off the rack. Sleeves are even the right size for me, which is rare.

I assume they're fused, but whatever. Any other thoughts? Hidden landmines I should avoid?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    175 Post(s)
    15 years ago they seemed like they offered decent suits. I walked through one of their stores a few weeks back and was appalled. Lots of cheap fabric in loud colors.

But if you found one that looks good on you and ticks the boxes, go for it. I am assuming the price is right?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    I'm going back and forth on the fabric, but the price is definitely right. But even 20 bucks is too much if there's some horrible pitfall I'm unaware of.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    This is the specific one I'm thinking of.

http://www.flashbach.com/mercer-dual...-midnight.html Not entirely sure how I feel about the stripe, if it's too dated, or if it's subtle enough yet. But right now, just curious about the construction.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha King View Post
    Lots of cheap fabric in loud colors.

What are you talking about???? I dissagree!

;-)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    This is the specific one I'm thinking of.

http://www.flashbach.com/mercer-dual...-midnight.html Not entirely sure how I feel about the stripe, if it's too dated, or if it's subtle enough yet. But right now, just curious about the construction.
    It's a nice enough looking suit. If it fits you, it's a good value for $100.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm thinking for social events like and stuff. But I'm concerned the stripes are a little too 80s boardroom.

Unless anyone else knows of a place that does peak lapel suits in a navy/midnight blue for less than $400?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking for social events like and stuff. But I'm concerned the stripes are a little too 80s boardroom.

Unless anyone else knows of a place that does peak lapel suits in a navy/midnight blue for less than $400?
    I don't think stripes are as big an issue as men's online forums think. I wore a striped suit to work today and got compliments. The cut and fit are what will date a suit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I have a nice slate blue one from about 8 years ago and maybe have worn it 10 times. Now, I do the whole brushing and airing out thing and I maybe had it dry cleaned once. I don't have any holes, pilling or bubbles so it has held up. Alpha King is right though, their quality seems to have diminished but it depends on the price too. I did spend 300 bucks at the time for mine and it is half canvas.