Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Organization for Socks

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @ianr That's what I'm talking about! I need to order something like that. Would help immensely.
    Before I used the plastic version, I used the cardboard insert from a box of cupcakes.
    Last edited by ianr; October 18th, 2017 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    Before I used the plastic version, I used the cardboard insert from a box of cupcakes.
    Hmm. Now you have me thinking I might be able to use the cardboard insert from a case of beer. If I have to drink the case to get the insert, I suppose I'll take one for the sartorial team.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Just an update. I bought these "linen" organizer from Amazon, 13 dollars. Now, I know where all my socks are, and satisfied my OCD tendencies. First two rows are "dress" socks and second two rows are athletic/everyday (Nike dri fit) socks. While organizing socks, I did spring cleaning and threw away many socks I haven't wore in a year.

https://www.amazon.com/SimpleHousewa...awer+organizer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like this way of organizing socks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    I like that, able to see the patterns on your socks more clearly.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    I have an $8 sock organizer from Amazon. The sock organizer is not great quality, but it separates socks just fine.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    While I like how neat this looks... I'm also cringing a little over the wasted space I see in each compartment.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post
    While I like how neat this looks... I'm also cringing a little over the wasted space I see in each compartment.
    It is a bit of a waste. The compartments would fit haphardzardly placed camp socks, but dress socks don't take up that much space.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I just purchased this sock drawer from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/ONEVER-Foldab...awer+organizer

It works well for me and I roll my socks similarly to the above posters. I would say that its usefulness depends on the number of socks you have. I have more than 24 pairs, but some are athletic/no-show socks, so I use about 20 of the drawers for rolled up pairs of dress/casual socks, and I stuff multiple pairs of the athletic and no-shows into the remaining 4. If you have more than 24 pairs of socks that you wear frequently, it might be an issue.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    these organizers also work well for neckties, pocket squares, and similar accessories.

i double-up, two sock pairs to a cell, in mine to accommodate all my socks, although I am making a concerted effort to:
    -consolidate
    -buy fewer quantity of higher quality
    -take better care of my things

in accordance with the marie kondo method of life organization - which I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend.

http://tidyingup.com/

buy the book on amazon. it's cheap, and it'll give you the impetus/excuse you need to finally get your closet (and other stuff) in order.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DandyLion View Post
    in accordance with the marie kondo method of life organization
    I don't know how closely I follow this, but the one thing I got out of this method was organizing to make things easy to _put away_ rather than easy to find. Having a divider makes socks much easier for me to put away.

I think a lot of my clothes organization previously was geared towards making it fast to find things as if I was doing a warehouse pick to fulfill some sort of dressing work order. Or, filing things away as if anyone else needed to be able to find them. Approaching organization from this angle proved pointless for my use as I ended up not putting things away correctly because I had made it too much trouble for myself.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk