Thread: Brandslock leather jacket experiences?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Brandslock leather jacket experiences?

Looking for a causal winter jacket, and given my area's weather -- a lot of rain, only a few weeks at or below freezing -- was thinking of getting a leather piece.

My last leather jacket, which wore out a few years back, was a fairly baggy bomber. Plan this time is a slimmer fitting moto style with the short round collar.

Prefer something longer in the body (5'10”/178 cm but with a long waist) that tapers well (37” chest, 29" waist), sleek with minimal adornment, and as an absolute requirement waist pockets without zippers.

Came across this Brandslock jacket which seems to fit the bill. Anyone able to comment on the quality? I notice a lot of compliments on the leather, but nothing about the lining for instance.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MR...ID=81BeDvh8pvL
    http://brandslock.com/men/44-men-s-b...et-asasin.html

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galcobar View Post
    Looking for a causal winter jacket, and given my area's weather -- a lot of rain, only a few weeks at or below freezing -- was thinking of getting a leather piece.

My last leather jacket, which wore out a few years back, was a fairly baggy bomber. Plan this time is a slimmer fitting moto style with the short round collar.

Prefer something longer in the body (5'10”/178 cm but with a long waist) that tapers well (37” chest, 29" waist), sleek with minimal adornment, and as an absolute requirement waist pockets without zippers.

Came across this Brandslock jacket which seems to fit the bill. Anyone able to comment on the quality? I notice a lot of compliments on the leather, but nothing about the lining for instance.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MR...ID=81BeDvh8pvL
    http://brandslock.com/men/44-men-s-b...et-asasin.html
    Based on the price, the lining is probably poly, and I can't imagine the leather is all that great either. Might be worth taking a shot on it to see if it fits well, but a leather jacket that's less than $200 I'm not expecting great quality or for it to last.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)
    That doesn’t look long in the body at all. It looks distinctly above the hips.

I would seriously doubt the quality of a leather jacket that costs less than $200. If you like the look and don’t mind replacing it in a couple of years, it might be a good deal. If you want a jacket to last you decades, this is probably not the one.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)
    I don't have any experience with that brand, but based on the way the leather creases in the pictures, it looks fairly thin. I would be highly suspect about the quality of a leather jacket at this price point.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)
    Good quality leather shoes = at least $200 new

A jacket that uses far more leather at that price? Not going to be good.

A good leather jacket is in investment. I bought a VERY heavy leather peacoat nearly 20 years ago. I've lost weight, and it no longer fits me, but my brother in law still wears that jacket with very minimal upkeep--just feeding the leather every few years with conditioner. Good leather will last a long time. Cheap leather not so much.
    Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
    Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
    --Jason Isbell