Thread: Bespoke and good value leather jackets

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Bespoke and good value leather jackets

I just did an experiment and ordered a bespoke leather jacket from http://www.leathercult.com.

This company makes bespoke leather jackets and other items and is based in India. I was originally very skeptical. The cost seemed too good to be true.

But being somewhat foolish I plugged ahead and was shocked pleasantly by the product.

The leather and stitching is amazing. And the fit perfect. I just ordered a second. Still shocked by the value.

Strong recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Quoted
    597 Post(s)
    Nice, I may pick up a blue suede jacket. been dying for one and price is too good to be true.

Can you tell us about what you bought? What is the default liner? Did you have to pay any import duties?
    Last edited by Scofield; October 12th, 2017 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    Nice, I may pick up a blue suede jacket. been dying for one and price is too good to be true.

Can you tell us about what you bought? What is the default liner? Did you have to pay any import duties?
    Yeah I'm in Canada. I paid duties. But it still was good value. I just could not source such a jacket like this locally at this value. Not to mention it being bespoke.

I purchased this jacket - http://www.leathercult.com/celebrity...leather-jacket

Came in just over $200 total with shipping and duties.

I really cant find anything to critique. Good leather, good stitching, great fit, as advertised. Took 4 weeks to go from order to door.

I was half expecting junk. Floored by what I received at this price.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

After my first very happily surprising purchase from LeatherCult mentioned above I couldn't help but make a second.

Another equally impressive package arrived today. It fits perfect as it is bespoke and the leather is soft with a nice weight to it. $130! I can't buy a non-leather off the rack jacket I like for that price, let alone a bespoke leather one...

http://www.leathercult.com/jackets/l...9it5upucl0bos0

This could get addictive...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Quoted
    597 Post(s)
    Looks great, tbh i'm too hesitant to pull the trigger on MTM with a poor return policy while the clothing budget is running a bit low. Really afraid of entering the wrong measurements. If you did custom measurements, can you give any advice?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

You are right to be hesitant regarding the return policy. Shipping back to India won't be cheap and having poor measurements is not accepted as a cause for exchange. So there is risk involved.

When I first purchased I was skeptical they would take my measurements and create a jacket that fits the way I want. But surprisingly they did a great job.

I have been measured by a local tailor I trust and used a jacket that I already had that fit well. I used these measurements. The measurements they require were the following:

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    This is rather enticing. A brown suede jacket or N7 replica is what I would be looking for