Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on first pair of Allen Edmonds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Should be easily covered with some polish, maybe just some uneven dye
    I'd send it right back to them. They'll exchange it. Heck, I'd send the belt back with it, tell them you want a matching set - they'll oblige.

On the occasions I've had to use AE customer service, they've been exemplary. I once had a situation where they sent me two screwed up pairs of seconds in a row (e.g. the shoes should have been tossed out, not sold as seconds), and then as an apology after the second, just sent me a first.

Just my $0.02

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    I'd send it right back to them. They'll exchange it. Heck, I'd send the belt back with it, tell them you want a matching set - they'll oblige.

On the occasions I've had to use AE customer service, they've been exemplary. I once had a situation where they sent me two screwed up pairs of seconds in a row (e.g. the shoes should have been tossed out, not sold as seconds), and then as an apology after the second, just sent me a first.

Just my $0.02
    Yeah I agree that AE customer service is very good. I just don't think it's worth making AE eat the cost of shipping both ways for something that's very minor and easily corrected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Yeah I agree that AE customer service is very good. I just don't think it's worth making AE eat the cost of shipping both ways for something that's very minor and easily corrected.
    At the very least, I'd make them give me a new belt. That isn't even in the same ballpark.