2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    ^ wow...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)
    Jeeesh that is a lot of different scents. I wouldnt know where to begin to pick one to wear.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Quoted
    864 Post(s)
    With so many scents, do you ever worry about them going bad before being able to use them all? I thought a rule of thumb was colognes were only good for a year before they started to go off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Tobacco Vanille is a personal favorite. I've heard that they go bad after a year or two as well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    I've worried about them going bad but I haven't noticed a change with any of them. I know some people store them in a refrigerator but for me half of the pleasure is having them displayed. You see people buying vintage bottles of things like Fahrenheit and La Nuit De L'Homme so I question if that is true or not. I keep them on my dresser which is usually cool, dry, and dark so that may help as well?

Honestly picking what I want to wear is the hardest part but I do have favorites and others that I own just to have a bottle (Curve, Cool Water, Drakkar Noir, etc.) Generally I wear one scent during the day and after going to the gym I'll put something else on before going out for dinner or whatever.

My new thing is candles. I tried a few Diptyque ones and fell in love. Just picked up Byredo Biblioteque last weekend and would really recommend that if you want one higher end candle for special nights.

Joe would hate coming to my house!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsedlak View Post
    I haven't had a chance to smell this myself yet but from the note breakdown it definitely won't smell anything like Aventus.

I love Oud Wood and Tabacco Vanille and I always get 4ml samples but YSL M7 Oud Absolu is close enough and much cheaper and I actually prefer Eau de Baux to TV anyway. I have Tuscan Leather which I love and Neroli Portofino which I also enjoy but have no clue why I bought it...

For awhile I was really into fragrances but I've calmed down a bit since (of course I literally just bought a bottle of The Noir from Le Labo this weekend so). Included a picture of my current collection. Right now I'm just trying my best to enjoy what I have but I think there will be a few more purchases coming this holiday season. Thinking Bois D'Encens and Musc Ravageur?
    Looking at that picture and doing the math on those bottles like "why did I go into public service again?"

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    With so many scents, do you ever worry about them going bad before being able to use them all? I thought a rule of thumb was colognes were only good for a year before they started to go off.
    I've never had a bottle or decant go bad. My Tauer Marocain is past the two year mark and still smells dope. I store my fragrances in a bathroom cabinet, so it's not climate protected AT ALL but it's plenty dark.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Quoted
    864 Post(s)
    My new thing is candles. I tried a few Diptyque ones and fell in love. Just picked up Byredo Biblioteque last weekend and would really recommend that if you want one higher end candle for special nights.
    We've been burning candles around the house a lot lately too. Mind you the candles we're burning are the small tea-light kind. No scents. And we're burning them more for quiet time than anything else. Sometimes, it's nice to just unplug and take it easy.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hierophant View Post
    I've never had a bottle or decant go bad. My Tauer Marocain is past the two year mark and still smells dope. I store my fragrances in a bathroom cabinet, so it's not climate protected AT ALL but it's plenty dark.
    I have a sample of that and it's definitely on my want list! I keep saying it will be my next one and then I end up getting something else but I need to stop pushing it down!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)
    I have a sample of that and it's definitely on my want list! I keep saying it will be my next one and then I end up getting something else but I need to stop pushing it down!
    You absolutely should. It was the first Serious Perfume I ever smelled (in a little sample doodle from LuckyScent), the first bottle I bought, and it remains my absolute favorite.