Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Tom Ford. F&:%^+#~€ Fabulous cologne

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

    Tom Ford. F&:%^+#~€ Fabulous cologne

    Just recently heard about this stuff.
    The limited quantities and insanely high price tag have caught my attention.

    Has anyone purchased or smelled this stuff?
    I love Creed Aventus how does it compare?

  2. #2
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    715
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I own and wear Tom Ford Oud Wood. As the name would suggest it's a very woody scent so I only wear it in the fall & winter months. Personally I think the stuff smells great but boy is it overpriced. I haven't really done too much digging around but I'm sure you can find something far more affordable with a similar, if not identical, scent to it. If you really want to try the stuff out you can probably pick up a sample or two online or at your local department store.

  3. #3
    Varsity Member Vanquish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    514
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Maybe I haven't ventured out enough into the scent world, but his cologne lasts a long time. One spray and I still smell it the next day compared to some others that I have tried that last an hour or two tops. It's obviously not cheap but will last a long time. I haven't tried the new ones that came out this year yet, but I will eventually.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    I own and wear Tom Ford Oud Wood. As the name would suggest it's a very woody scent so I only wear it in the fall & winter months. Personally I think the stuff smells great but boy is it overpriced. I haven't really done too much digging around but I'm sure you can find something far more affordable with a similar, if not identical, scent to it. If you really want to try the stuff out you can probably pick up a sample or two online or at your local department store.
    We don’t have any Tm Ford boutiques in MN. And after searching I believe the only location in MN that sells is Neiman Marcus

  5. #5
    Super Moderator DocDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    2,425
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    824 Post(s)
    I have a Tom Ford cologne upstairs and I couldn't tell you the name of it. I suspect it isn't the most expensive of his stuff since it comes in a spray bottle and I (again) suspect that his more expensive colognes come in those other style bottles. That said, I do like the cologne and I do get nice compliments on it.

  6. #6
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    441
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    172 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frldyz View Post
    Just recently heard about this stuff.
    The limited quantities and insanely high price tag have caught my attention.

    Has anyone purchased or smelled this stuff?
    I love Creed Aventus how does it compare?
    I haven't tried that particular scent. Tom Ford is generally considered about half a tier down from Creed. From my perspective, I would say Tom Ford isn't very creative; you know what you're getting into. If I wanted to splash out on expensive scents, I'd rather spend $50 on a bunch of samples at Lucky Scent from smaller producers, then go with what moves me. (That's how I ended up with bottles of Tauer Marocain and Jazmin Sarai Solar.)

  7. #7
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hierophant View Post
    I haven't tried that particular scent. Tom Ford is generally considered about half a tier down from Creed. From my perspective, I would say Tom Ford isn't very creative; you know what you're getting into. If I wanted to splash out on expensive scents, I'd rather spend $50 on a bunch of samples at Lucky Scent from smaller producers, then go with what moves me. (That's how I ended up with bottles of Tauer Marocain and Jazmin Sarai Solar.)
    I'm not going to argue that TF's scents are overpriced, but half a tier down from Creed? At least TF has consistent batches of fragrance. I love Creed, but it's a crapshoot with what you are going to get ordering online.

    To the OP, I'm a big fan of Tuscan Leather. It's definitely unisex and leans towards the feminine end of the spectrum, but I love it. Tobacco vanilla was good when I tried it, but overpoweringly sweet. It's definitely on the same level of silage as Aventus. None of the others really jump out at me, although I do own a bottle of Grey Vetiver (I prefer Guerlain to it).

  8. #8
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    441
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    172 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paintflinger View Post
    I'm not going to argue that TF's scents are overpriced, but half a tier down from Creed? At least TF has consistent batches of fragrance. I love Creed, but it's a crapshoot with what you are going to get ordering online.
    I will FIGHT you

    But seriously: (1) I've never had a problem with Creed consistency, although I've only ever bought decants online, and (2) even speaking as someone who loves TF Neroli Portofino, I can't think of a single TF bottle I'd put up against Creed Royal Mayfair, Royal Oud, Millesime Imperial, or Bois du Portugal. (I know everyone loves Aventus and Green Irish Tweed but they don't speak to me.)

  9. #9
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    I do need to try Royal Mayfair. I love Bois du Portugal though. Not a fan of the other two.

  10. #10
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    I haven't had a chance to smell this myself yet but from the note breakdown it definitely won't smell anything like Aventus.

    I love Oud Wood and Tabacco Vanille and I always get 4ml samples but YSL M7 Oud Absolu is close enough and much cheaper and I actually prefer Eau de Baux to TV anyway. I have Tuscan Leather which I love and Neroli Portofino which I also enjoy but have no clue why I bought it...

    For awhile I was really into fragrances but I've calmed down a bit since (of course I literally just bought a bottle of The Noir from Le Labo this weekend so). Included a picture of my current collection. Right now I'm just trying my best to enjoy what I have but I think there will be a few more purchases coming this holiday season. Thinking Bois D'Encens and Musc Ravageur?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •