Thread: AE Cavanaugh

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

AE Cavanaugh

I just picked up a pair of Cavanaugh's in Snuff Suede. I generally wear a 10.5b which is what these are. My left foot is slightly smaller than my right so I get a little heel slippage. My concern is as I wear them in they will stretch more and that little slippage will become a lot.

I would like to keep them, but I mainly want to be able to wear them and not have to worry about my foot falling out.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    457 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fencedwall View Post
    I just picked up a pair of Cavanaugh's in Snuff Suede. I generally wear a 10.5b which is what these are. My left foot is slightly smaller than my right so I get a little heel slippage. My concern is as I wear them in they will stretch more and that little slippage will become a lot.

I would like to keep them, but I mainly want to be able to wear them and not have to worry about my foot falling out.

They will stretch some. Suede is apt to stretch even more than regular leather.

are the interior of the suede ones lined? If not, they may even stretch a lot.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    From what I remember they are lined in leather.
    Hmmm. I'm on the fence, the right foot fits great.
    That left one though is just a little bit too big. I wouldn't even say it's a full half size even.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Put in a suede heel patch/cup/liner, should do the trick.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)
    I have them. They will stretch. Wish I had ordered mine a 1/2 size down.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fencedwall View Post

I have the same model on leather and suede, have the same problem with my feet like you, the leather shoe I went with my true size, qthe leather didn't stretch for my big foot so I hardly wear the shoes more than 4 hours. The suede shoe I went 1/2 size up so my small foot is loose but I installed a 1/2 insert and is better now.