Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saphir Renovateur

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Wait, pounds as is in British Pounds or pounds as in lbs? Either way it seems like overkill to save $4. A little bit of Renovateur goes a long, long way. One 75 ml jar should last you well over a year. You'd have to order 12 jars to spend over 100 British Pounds. Even if you give away a bunch as Christmas gifts that will last you a lifetime. Again, seems like a lot to save $4.
    100 GBP not lbs. I'd imagine that it would cost a whole lot more than $10 to ship 100 lbs of renovateur overseas

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    100 GBP not lbs. I'd imagine that it would cost a whole lot more than $10 to ship 100 lbs of renovateur overseas
    That's what I thought but I was initially confused because he used dollars and pounds in the same calculation. Still, at 9 GBP per jar he would have to order 12 jars to save 3 GBP (or $4) on shipping. One jar of Renovateur has lasted me almost two years and I still have plenty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I blame the brits for this confusion. 100 GBP threshold to get the 10 USD shipping (whole order). Orders under 100 GBP will ship for 14 USD. I used "dollars" and "pounds" in the same calculation just because the actual cost to me would be in dollars but the order threshold is in pounds (at least at an even number), but I agree that was confusing. Overall, seems like a good deal if you order several of their cream polishes or other saphir products, as those are half price over typical US prices as well, plus some extra Renovateur jars as gifts. Not a good deal if you're just looking to purchase a single item. This should be something that people here could use to save some money if you're looking to make a larger purchase of the high-end saphir products.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Just an update on ordering from Herring. http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/herring-shoe-care . I received my order today after placing the order over the weekend (4 working day delivery). Saphir MDO products are as advertised and come in at about half the price as the hanger project. Shipping is ~15 dollars (depends on order) and there is the potential for an international transaction fee, but there is good money to be saved if you order multiple products.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nardo View Post
    Just an update on ordering from Herring. http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/herring-shoe-care . I received my order today after placing the order over the weekend (4 working day delivery). Saphir MDO products are as advertised and come in at about half the price as the hanger project. Shipping is ~15 dollars (depends on order) and there is the potential for an international transaction fee, but there is good money to be saved if you order multiple products.
    Hanger project is a bit ridiculous with some of their prices. Love their videos and they sell great stuff, its just way too pricey.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    824 Post(s)
    So with all of this information/background on Saphir products, what is the best place to order from? I have a hell of a time finding Saphir locally in Canada (if anyone knows, please drop me a line) so I've ordered from the US in the past. But it someone has a go-to place to order from please share your experiences.

Sounds like HerringShoes might be ok, although I wonder what the import/shipping fees would be like.