7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    they are pretty good quality for the price

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1402 Post(s)
    @.brian will be interested in hearing your thoughts on the boots once you've picked them up. Cheers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @.brian will be interested in hearing your thoughts on the boots once you've picked them up. Cheers.
    I usually get a pair of cheap boots every 1-1.5 years or so for "going out" to bars/clubs/what not. Usually I went with the Stafford Deacons or some on sale Cole Haan ones. I put them through a lot so I don't expect them to last super long. I go with my AE Daltons for nicer events or at work if they're appropriate for the outfit/situation.

I ordered both the Erane wingtip and the Lonaro cap toe ones last time they had a 30% off sale.

I got both of them in 12 and size medium since that's all they offer. I'm a 12D in whatever last the Dalton is so that worked well for me. I also got them in the same color.

The Erane's fit kind of weird. One shoe was fine, one felt like it almost had a bubble right where the tongue should come down on the top of the foot .The shoe that didn't seem to have that issue fit pretty well once I did the laces. The leather felt like what you would ideally want for at this price range. Decently soft, decent color. I ended up returning these.

The cap toe ones actually felt pretty good. The leather was definitely softer on these and had a darker, richer color. Noticeably darker than a pair of the old Deacons I had lying around. They fit pretty well, snug without being tight. I kept these. Seem like better quality than the Stafford shoes for sure. They were about $80 after the sale and tax. Not bad at all for that price.

A note about both of them: they are really really hard to get into the first couple of times you put them on. Like I had to undo the laces completely to get both of them on. Even then it was a little bit of a struggle.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Nice write up Alex.

Doc - I ended up forgetting to order them, and the $20 off promotion they had ended (yea, it's only $20, but still, it takes them from $119 to sub $100), so I am going to hold off for now unless I can find another coupon code. But I will post my thoughts in here if I do in fact pick them up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    There's a new DSW brand from Italy, Coach and Four. Here's one: https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/co...ctiveColor=200

I'm curious. Anyone have any experience with this brand?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

PS
    They're also sold at SteinMart but DSW holds the trademark.
    Last edited by mlstein; March 1st, 2018 at 06:14 PM.