Thread: Slim Fit Outerwear Vest

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Slim Fit Outerwear Vest

Does anyone have a recommendation for an outerwear vest that is on the slim side? I tried Land's End's Puffer Vest last season which was very boxy on me. I am thinking of trying the JCF Walker vest, https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-clo...ker-vest/47752...Any thoughts on the JCF Walker, or other slim fit outerwear vests are appreciated. Thank you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    I've tried it on in the store. I think it fit particularly well. Kicking myself for not getting it on sale.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I happen to have picked up one of the Walker vests last year and can definitely say it is slimmer than your usual vest. It actually isn't that "puffy" but it still does a good job keeping your torso pretty warm. If you aren't in a rush I would recommend waiting for another sale as they can dip to the low $30 range as mine came in at $31.50 I believe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I have the Walker vest in the (quite beautiful) burnished mahogany colour and I like it quite a bit. It's quite trim and nicely designed. No regrets. Pick it up on sale.

Zara also makes a lot of slim vests ranging from funky to casual to dressy, and the vests seems quite well-constructed, better than much of the other stuff at Zara. The dressier ones can be layered, e.g.: https://www.zara.com/ca/en/man/jacke...4p4661164.html Ideally, they'd have double-zips, but otherwise, a fine deal.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    457 Post(s)

i'm not buying any vest that doesn't make me look like marty mcfly. srsly.

Lou: "What did you do, jump ship?
    Marty: "Wha? "

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I have one of the Uniqlo ultralight down vests. I think I paid $40 and the fit is nicely trim without being SLIM. It doesn't have the Barbour-esque quilted look, but fits pretty nicely with my usual chino/OCBD outfits.

More outdoorsy brands (Patagonia and such) tend to have a more "athletic" fit too, but not sure if that's what you're going for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeahh..! I use to shop slim outwear vest for my fiance as he is a bit skinny and won’t go with baggy one. The JCF Walker vest you are talking about has been used by my friend and he was just OK with it not pretty well satisfied, that’s why by gaining idea from his experience; I searched over again and again the best online store on web town and after many searches I have come to know an online store that have an amazing collection of all attires including free shipping and discounts. I do prefer you to shop from their pre Halloween offers 2017 and avail what you exactly want.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I also have the Walker vest from last season in the same color posted in the link. It's slim enough to be worn under a jacket or blazer - definitely not puffy which is what I was looking for.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    339 Post(s)
    I wear a Marmot Zeus vest and it fits very snug to my torso.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie_Man View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation for an outerwear vest that is on the slim side? I tried Land's End's Puffer Vest last season which was very boxy on me. I am thinking of trying the JCF Walker vest, https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-clo...ker-vest/47752...Any thoughts on the JCF Walker, or other slim fit outerwear vests are appreciated. Thank you.
    Are you looking for a down/synthetic fill puffer vest that fits slimmer than Lands End, or a thinner quilted vest? The first will be a lot warmer and I third the rec to go to an outdoor outfitter - some place that sells Patagonia, Marmot, Moonstone, Arctyrex, etc. - most of the clothes at those places are tailored for people in reasonably good shape so they tend to fit closer to the body. If you want a quilted vest I agree J Crew is a good place if you wait for a sale. I got mine there about a decade ago and it's still holding up fine. Not anywhere near as warm as down though, but great for the fall when down would be overkill, and it's easier to layer under stuff.