Thread: New Lands End Waxed Canvas Bag Line

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    188 Post(s)

New Lands End Waxed Canvas Bag Line

I was checking out Lands End's website after seeing the 40% off footnote in today's Monday Tripod post, and noticed that they recently introduced a line of waxed canvas bags. Looks like they have a laptop bag, a duffel, a tote, and a dopp kit. They actually look pretty nice, and if you're able to score one at the 40% off sale price, that'd be a great deal. Especially given LE's legendary warranty (return or replace at any point, ever, if you're dissatisfied for any reason). Could be a nice alternate option to other bags on the market. Have to deal with a sizable Lands End logo though.

Just passing along the link!

https://www.landsend.com/waxed-canva...0170825-_-area

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    I like the look of it, especially given that price (plus the usual 30-40% discounts), but it's a bit too large for carry-on size at 24" in length. I'm looking at Frost River and a couple other places for a carry-on compliant size right now.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burban View Post
    I like the look of it, especially given that price (plus the usual 30-40% discounts), but it's a bit too large for carry-on size at 24" in length. I'm looking at Frost River and a couple other places for a carry-on compliant size right now.
    Looks like it could be nice as a regular weekender duffel though for car trips and the like. A few inches bigger than my Herschel Novel, which is only 20.5" long, which would be nice.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Thanks for the heads up. I've been eyeing the Gustin duffel. I wanted something in waxed canvas. This works at a great price. Navy has been ordered.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shockfinder View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I've been eyeing the Gustin duffel. I wanted something in waxed canvas. This works at a great price. Navy has been ordered.
    Give us a review once you get it! I was really tempted to buy one yesterday at 40% off, but I know my wife wouldn't be amused by the purchase, (I already have a Herschel in great shape). However, the Navy with leather accents looks like a really close match to my Filson laptop bag, (for way less than a Filson duffel). Would make a nice combo.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    The Lands End logo is a deal-breaker for me. If they allowed custom engraving for a surcharge or something similar I'd be interested, but I hate that kind of blatant branding, especially from Lands End.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drocpsu View Post
    Give us a review once you get it! I was really tempted to buy one yesterday at 40% off, but I know my wife wouldn't be amused by the purchase, (I already have a Herschel in great shape). However, the Navy with leather accents looks like a really close match to my Filson laptop bag, (for way less than a Filson duffel). Would make a nice combo.
    I will. It should be here this weekend.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    It arrived yesterday. It's well built. Hardware is solid. Zipper is substantial. Leather is nice, but not as thick as I had hoped. Webbing that goes round the bottom is really good. The size is great for a weekend trip. For the 40% off, it's a great buy. What I wish was different is the waxed canvas. It doesn't feel like waxed canvas to me. I suppose it's a bit refined for my taste. I was hoping for a more rugged look. But it's still nice and I expect to carry it a long time. As far as the logo, while the lettering is large, it mostly just looks like a leather patch most of the time. I can deal with it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shockfinder View Post
    It arrived yesterday. It's well built. Hardware is solid. Zipper is substantial. Leather is nice, but not as thick as I had hoped. Webbing that goes round the bottom is really good. The size is great for a weekend trip. For the 40% off, it's a great buy. What I wish was different is the waxed canvas. It doesn't feel like waxed canvas to me. I suppose it's a bit refined for my taste. I was hoping for a more rugged look. But it's still nice and I expect to carry it a long time. As far as the logo, while the lettering is large, it mostly just looks like a leather patch most of the time. I can deal with it.
    Thanks for the update!