Thread: S&M slim sizing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

S&M slim sizing

Hey guys,

Looking at picking up some OCBD shirts from S&M.

Was wondering about the sizing for them. I'm 6'2 205lbs. Slim build for my size. Waist size is 33. I'm normally a 16 1/2 neck. 34/35 length sleeve.

When looking at the sizing chart online, it looks like for a 16 1/2 size, all of the other measurements are going to be too big.

What are people's thoughts on the sizing. If I have to, I could go mtm but id like to go otr if I can.

Thanks

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Do you generally button the top button on your OCBD? I.E. wear a tie?
    If not, I wouldn't hesitate to try the 16 if those measurements would fit better.

Keep in mind that S&M offers in house sleeve shortening and darting for a couple of bucks more if so inclined.
    IIRC, their OCBD no longer have box pleats on the back.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    As mentioned they will make adjustments to an item for you like sleeve shortening and adding darts. If I recall sleeve shortening is around $15 CAD? I might be off on that figure.

All that being said, S&M has been working on, and teasing, a new website for quite some time now with one of the newly added features being the ability to chose sleeve length after picking out your collar size. There is still no exact ETA on when this new site will roll out though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan850 View Post
    Hey guys,

Looking at picking up some OCBD shirts from S&M.

Was wondering about the sizing for them. I'm 6'2 205lbs. Slim build for my size. Waist size is 33. I'm normally a 16 1/2 neck. 34/35 length sleeve.

When looking at the sizing chart online, it looks like for a 16 1/2 size, all of the other measurements are going to be too big.

What are people's thoughts on the sizing. If I have to, I could go mtm but id like to go otr if I can.

Thanks
    6'2 205 sounds more athletic than slim, especially with a 33 inch waist. I m 6' 175 and their slim fit shirts fit the body and shoulders just right, but they would be too tight if I were any bigger. However, the reason I haven't ordered any more of their shirts is because they are just too short. I think they may be cutting their shirts to be worn tucked or untucked, but they ended up with something that won't stay tucked in. If you give them a try you may want to see if they have a tall size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Yes, I'd say my build is more athletic but I've found that slim fit shirts fit me much better.

I should say that I'm in my 30's so I'm in that age demographic where I like my clothes fitting a little closer to the body.

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to figure out what shirts will fit the best (obviously there is no substitute for trying it on) but I'd like to get something close without having to order from many different places.

I was also looking into CT shirts as well but have been reading the quality of S&M is better.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quoted
    743 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan850 View Post
    Yes, I'd say my build is more athletic but I've found that slim fit shirts fit me much better.

I should say that I'm in my 30's so I'm in that age demographic where I like my clothes fitting a little closer to the body.

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to figure out what shirts will fit the best (obviously there is no substitute for trying it on) but I'd like to get something close without having to order from many different places.

I was also looking into CT shirts as well but have been reading the quality of S&M is better.
    I would try the 16.5" and add darts if it is not slim enough when you get it. I do not lift weights other than a toddler and I would say the slim fit is snug in the sleeves and potentially the chest in my standard 15.5". Having a S&M template to go by works for the future as S&M are always up to tweaking little things or you can always go MTM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    That's what I was thinking.

thanks