Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Style Scenario: Hurricane Irma

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbumman View Post
    Shit man, I'm sorry to hear that. You going to be able to rebuild?
    Thank You.

We have insurance, so we will rebuild. I am considering it a long overdue remodel hastily planned. The only thing that I am lamenting is the polo(by AE) suede loafers that were toasted by the flood waters. Apparently I picked up the last pair in existence 😂

Oh, and having to deal with a government run insurance program!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Please do not engage in name-calling, partisan or otherwise, and resist the temptation to discuss politics.

This is my only warning on the matter. It's entirely possible to be humorous, supportive of the original poster, and/or express your opinion without insulting other posters. If this happens again, a moderator will take action without a second warning.

I also consider this thread to be in poor taste. However, I understand that @Bobbumman's motivation is to cope with a national tragedy through humor. Please respect his motivation and do not use this as an excuse to argue or insult.

To all the forum members affected, I wish you the best of luck to you and your families in your upcoming recovery.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hierophant View Post
    "this is in poor taste" isn't a moral judgment; it's startling to me how many people think it is.
    That's fair - i think it's partially because we all consider ourselves to be "tasteful" so hearing that we're not registers as insulting, even if that's not the meaning. Odd how social moraes develop on a site.

Either way, as I said before, I agree with you that I was in poor taste. I just found a little giddy joy the other day as I drove home, covered in filth and completely exhausted, thinking about how Joe might approach this stylishly. Which might mean i need to follow this site less.

Says a lot about me. Also, I definitely didn't mean for this to degrade into the way it did. Sorry the mods had to step in folks.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbumman View Post
    That's fair - i think it's partially because we all consider ourselves to be "tasteful" so hearing that we're not registers as insulting, even if that's not the meaning. Odd how social moraes develop on a site.

Either way, as I said before, I agree with you that I was in poor taste. I just found a little giddy joy the other day as I drove home, covered in filth and completely exhausted, thinking about how Joe might approach this stylishly. Which might mean i need to follow this site less.

Says a lot about me. Also, I definitely didn't mean for this to degrade into the way it did. Sorry the mods had to step in folks.
    I don't think you were in poor taste. Everyone deals with stress and loss and tragedy differently, and humor is definitely one of them. Anything and everything can be in bad taste to somebody else, so no use pointing out that something is in bad taste. You do what you gotta do to stay chipper and carry on.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)
    I'd wear long pants. Better protect my lovely skin.