Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Style Scenario: Hurricane Irma

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbumman View Post
    Perhaps. I know you to be a thoughtful person who is almost always kind and helpful, though we occasionally disagree when it comes to semantics. I know what you've suggested does not come from a bad place, but rather a strong sense of justice, which I often admire and, if I had, I would also act on.

So here's what I'll do. I'll recognize that, yes, this is in bad taste. I'll acknowledge that I got hella lucky (I evacuated to Jax, but Jax probably got it worse anyway). I will acknowledge that you are likely correct.

I will then continue forward, comfortable in what I have said above because fuck it, it's been a long and busy week between fighting for supplies, boarding up my home, riding out the storm and then getting a bunch trees off of houses. So yeah, I needed a little dark humor yesterday and I still do today. That doesn't make me right or justified, but I'm not really in a mood to care at this moment.

For all of you with firearms recommendations, I submit that 1, you need both your hands to work the chain saw and 2, that semi-auto pistols jam - and you will get it wet. I recommend a revolver. The S&W 686 is my standby: https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-686.

Enough kick to stop a gator, never jams and you can always hit people with it if you run out of ammo.
    Yea, agreed. A little dark humor after having gone through that in FL could be a much needed relief. I, for one, am just glad that everyone I know in FL are safe and sound after riding it through.
    Oh, you forgot one major point on the S&W - it's looks cool as f*ck.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evenflow View Post
    Glock 23, definitely.
    Love this suggestion, and I love my 23 even more. I just picked up a Sig Sauer P229 that I'm going to compare the G23 to this weekend.

Glad all you Dappered Texas and Florida residents are safe! Our thoughts and prayers are with y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by gibbysmalls View Post
    I like it. And I rode it out, less than 24 hours after returning from an overseas deployment.
    Thank you for your service!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Perhaps. I know you to be a thoughtful person who is almost always kind and helpful, though we occasionally disagree when it comes to semantics. I know what you've suggested does not come from a bad place, but rather a strong sense of justice, which I often admire and, if I had, I would also act on.

So here's what I'll do. I'll recognize that, yes, this is in bad taste. I'll acknowledge that I got hella lucky (I evacuated to Jax, but Jax probably got it worse anyway). I will acknowledge that you are likely correct.

I will then continue forward, comfortable in what I have said above because fuck it, it's been a long and busy week between fighting for supplies, boarding up my home, riding out the storm and then getting a bunch trees off of houses. So yeah, I needed a little dark humor yesterday and I still do today. That doesn't make me right or justified, but I'm not really in a mood to care at this moment.

For all of you with firearms recommendations, I submit that 1, you need both your hands to work the chain saw and 2, that semi-auto pistols jam - and you will get it wet. I recommend a revolver. The S&W 686 is my standby: https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-686.

Enough kick to stop a gator, never jams and you can always hit people with it if you run out of ammo.
    Love this reply - you're a good guy. I am glad you're safe and sound.

I'd we willing to bet my Glock will not jam when wet. Revolvers are awesome, though - super reliable!
    Last edited by bruschetta; September 13th, 2017 at 04:11 PM. Reason: No need to insult other posters.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Don't forget the scuba gear for us Texas folk.

I found my crowbar, sledgehammer, and dust mask to be the hot accessory items this month.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Oh he's not raining. Somebody needs to be our consience and I totally respect that. I'd just rather be a dipshit right now.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Bad taste is my brother in law asking me if he could borrow a Jean shirt or Jean jacket for a bachelor party, while all my clothes are in bags and I am tearing my family home down to the studs. I hung up on him.

I think you are good!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Shit man, I'm sorry to hear that. You going to be able to rebuild?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)
    ...I will then continue forward, comfortable in what I have said above because fuck it, it's been a long and busy week between fighting for supplies, boarding up my home, riding out the storm and then getting a bunch trees off of houses. So yeah, I needed a little dark humor yesterday and I still do today.
    Do your thing buddy, and good luck. As someone coordinating emergency services in Louisiana in response to Harvey, my thoughts are with you (because my actions are already full up).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hierophant View Post
    Do your thing buddy, and good luck. As someone coordinating emergency services in Louisiana in response to Harvey, my thoughts are with you (because my actions are already full up).
    Exactly, and gracias for all the work. Your colleagues down here made my life a hell of a lot easier evacuating.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)
    Exactly, and gracias for all the work. Your colleagues down here made my life a hell of a lot easier evacuating.
    De nada, and glad to hear it.

Side note (not to you but generally): "this is in poor taste" isn't a moral judgment; it's startling to me how many people think it is.