Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L L Bean v Orvis

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    450 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftToole View Post
    Thank you for all of the replies, especially @evanparker for the personal insight into both brands. Sounds like, by and large, Orvis is not worth the price jump, at least for staples. I guess I will stick with Bean for now (or branch in a different direction). I think I trend a bit older than most dappered readers, so I don't mind "shirts for old men!" Their "slightly fitted" cut works well enough for me.
    As a little bit sharper looking LL Bean alternative I would suggest Leans End, i think they have absolutely beautifully made shirts for the price. The fits they offer are excellent. You just can't find the fits in any store though, so order a couple and maybe take time to sort it out in the comfort of your own home.

Lands End often does the Trad look much more justice in their shirting than LL Bean.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    As a little bit sharper looking LL Bean alternative I would suggest Leans End, i think they have absolutely beautifully made shirts for the price.
    I agree that Lands End makes some great stuff. And they run sales more frequently than LL Bean, so you can typically find things at a better price point. However, in my personal experience, the quality is slightly less than what LL Bean offers. My classic oxfords from Bean feel bulletproof. My Lands End ones are great too, but don't have quite the same bulletproof feel.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    450 Post(s)
    I went salt water fishing in my Orvis gear and thought of this thread LOL.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    I went salt water fishing in my Orvis gear and thought of this thread LOL.
    Assuming you're still on east coast I'm thinking stripers? Hope it was a successful trip.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    450 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftToole View Post
    Assuming you're still on east coast I'm thinking stripers? Hope it was a successful trip.
    Yes you're right. I went to cape cod! caught a few good ones.