Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WHY I HATE Banana Republic Luxe Polos!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Porter View Post
    I've bought several over the years. Learned my lesson early on. I'm 6 feet tall. The regular medium shrunk at least an inch in the waist. No problem. I got this. I started ordering medium talls. It worked for a few while, probably close to a year. Then it happened. Again and again. They shrink like crazy in length. Over and over, despite my best efforts to dry on extra low heat. But it is getting worse. The newer models don't even last a month. They shrink up short, but become WIDER in width around the bottom half. So now I'm left with polos that are too short and don't stay tucked in, and polos that billow out around my waist. I cannot win. I'm done with them. I loved them briefly, but I can't keep this up. I can't keep dancing this dance, over and over again, only to be disappointed. Should I gamble with the medium tall slim polos? Hard to say. Will I? Probably. Because I haven't found a better option. Why do you do this to me BR luxe touch polo? WHY!? Better to have loved and lost they say right? Hmm...
    Luxo polos are one my favorite polos for summer wear, i have like 10 so far none have had the shrinkage like ou stated. I wonder if it's the water? In Mexico my shirts shrink but in Houston never shrink.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwillhinton View Post
    I ditched the BR polos for that very reason a few years ago. My go to polos now are Kent Wang, Spier & Mackay, or Uniqlo. All are significantly better than BR.
    I used to buy Uniqlo polos because of the collar buttons but now I used them for around the house since I found BR Luxo Polos, uniqlo polos have a cheap look and they run hot for Houston weather. I still have not bought an kent Wang need to convinced my self into paying for $80 dollar polos.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chiconice View Post
    Luxo polos are one my favorite polos for summer wear, i have like 10 so far none have had the shrinkage like ou stated. I wonder if it's the water? In Mexico my shirts shrink but in Houston never shrink.
    It might be the heat from the dryer. I have a pair of shrink-to-fit jeans that I never put in the dryer because they would shrink too much. They are actually a little too short; so, I stretch them to the right inseam length while they are still wet. They shrink a little when they air dry, but they expand slightly when you wear them. It might be worth trying something similar with the luxe touch polos, but it's a bit of a hassle for just a polo shirt.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    So can anyone recommend another polo under $40 on sale? I usually by the BR ones at 40% off.
    Uniqlo's are too short last I checked. Kent Wang too expensive. Spier Mackay limited sizing.
    42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    454 Post(s)
    i have 4 and none of them have shrunk at all. wear 'em religiously in the summer. love 'em.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    I've noticed this issue too... about 2 years ago I replaced all of the APT9 (Koel's) polos with BR Lux Touch... so I have around 8 of the BR polos. With the exception of 2, that I haven't worn that much, they have all lost an inch or 2 in length. It's really annoying. If they get any shorter, I won't be able to continue wearing them. It's disappointing, because I really liked the look of them...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    I've had at least half a dozen BR Luxe polos for 3-6yrs and I've had zero shrinkage. Best guess is it's the dryer that's the culprit. I've always air-dried them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    So can anyone recommend another polo under $40 on sale? I usually by the BR ones at 40% off.
    Uniqlo's are too short last I checked. Kent Wang too expensive. Spier Mackay limited sizing.
    The BR luxo polos I'm afraid is the only one that checks all the boxes for under $40.00 if it was not for the shrinkage issue(in my case only seem shrink only on the sleeves) it will been a perfect summer casual polo.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    I have found them! The PERFECT POLO. Similar to material uniqlo uses but nicer.

Don't-Sweat-It Polo from BR

http://www.bananarepublic.com/common...%252F&sem=true
    42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I also tossed my Lux BR due to the same shrinkage.

I like Spier Mackay and so far the Express tech that was polo paloozas best in show is great.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk