Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your wedding ring look like

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1501 Post(s)
    I am liking all of this talk about tungsten rings. I own a tungsten ring that I wore in my pointer finger of my right hand for years. Loved the heft and feel of the ring. In fact I'd still be wearing the wring now were it not for the fact I'm self-conscience of having my wedding band on my left hand the the tungsten ring on the right. Plus, and more importantly, I don't want the ring on my right hand to detract from the ring on my left.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)
    Interestingly, because tungsten is a super hard metal it stays looking nice and shiny for a long time, but it's also brittle (compared to other 'traditional metals'). A buddy of mine had a tungsten wedding ring and was playing with it one day, and accidentally dropped it. It hit the tile floor and shattered. I don't think it's a super common occurrence, especially if it's always just on your finger, but it's possible.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)
    That's surprising. I wouldn't expect a tungsten ring to shatter that easily. I wonder if it had sustained a bunch of previous falls or if it had a flaw from the beginning.

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1501 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drocpsu View Post
    Interestingly, because tungsten is a super hard metal it stays looking nice and shiny for a long time, but it's also brittle (compared to other 'traditional metals'). A buddy of mine had a tungsten wedding ring and was playing with it one day, and accidentally dropped it. It hit the tile floor and shattered. I don't think it's a super common occurrence, especially if it's always just on your finger, but it's possible.
    This is the second time I've heard this! At my wedding someone asked them what my ring was made from. They then proceed to tell me how their (now ex) husband dropped his tungsten ring and it shattered on the floor! Who would have thunk it?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1138 Post(s)
    Here is mine. Simple with a beveled edge and a comfort curve on the inner surface. The color is darker than I really wanted. I would rather have it a few shades lighter to not contrast as much with my watches.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)
    I'd rather have my $40 ring easily shattered off my finger than one that has to be cut off during a finger injury. Or stolen for it's gold content. Gold rings are so expensive now you could cover it in tiny diamond settings for the same price.

If you're really brave Google Image ring related finger injuries. They are horrible!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The one on the left:
    7mm comfort band, platinum & sterling mokume gane

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dun View Post
    I'd rather have my $40 ring easily shattered off my finger than one that has to be cut off during a finger injury. Or stolen for it's gold content. Gold rings are so expensive now you could cover it in tiny diamond settings for the same price.

If you're really brave Google Image ring related finger injuries. They are horrible!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    On the same rafting trip that I lost my first ring on, a woman we were chatting with told us a story about one time she was white water kayaking and her hand got smashed between her boat and a rock and it crushed her ring onto her finger. Said she almost lost her finger because of it.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2099 Post(s)
    I'm not married but due to my crossfit/weightlifting I would probably go with a silicone ring for daily use and simple white gold for my "real" ring.
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    My wife and I actually got married with Qalo (the silicone) rings just because it wasn't a big deal for us, and it was more of a symbolic gesture than anything fancy. We each have "real" rings now, but wear the Qalo for anything outdoors or the gym - she's a competitive powerlifter and I do a lot of cycling/rockclimbing. My ring is Tungsten, though - with a strip of rose gold around it to match her band. Both came from Etsy shops.

This is mine (though it doesn't look that shiny on the inside IRL):