Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your wedding ring look like

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

This was a little spendy but I figured it was something i was going to wear for the rest of my life, it might as well be nice. 7mm Palladium (not the white gold pictured, Plladium is slightly darker which I liked)

Did not really take my wifes choice of ring into account when purchasing. We both agreed that it was insignificant for them to match or be similar in any way.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    (1) @greg_s mentioned that he uses a silicon for working out, chores and traveling -- does anyone else do this (i.e., have a 2nd ring for certain things) or know of others that do this?

(2) Did you take into account what color(s) your SO's engagement ring and/or wedding band is as well?
    1. I don't know anyone who does this. I travel with my wedding ring. (Why wouldn't I?) And I don't work out or typically do chores wearing my ring and that's fine. My wife doesn't expect that I wear a ring 24/7. I do generally wear it when I leave the house.

2. No. I don't think the bands need to match. If we wanted them to match/coordinate, neither of us would have had a band we actually like. My wife has a white gold band with inset diamonds that coordinates with her engagement ring. I didn't want white gold and definitely didn't want a bunch of diamonds. She didn't want something so simple (nor tungsten).

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Chalkey View Post
    I love how light it is compared to tungsten or other popular materials and has proven to be pretty resilient 8 years in (I'm 37).
    I love how absurdly durable my tungsten ring is. The weight is barely noticeable (it's only a few grams, after all) and after cleaning it looks brand new. I used to drive a WRX with an aluminum shift knob and thought it was scratching my ring. Then I remembered that aluminum is way too soft to scratch tungsten and realized that the aluminum was actually scratching onto the ring and just needed to be cleaned off.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrbrownie00 View Post

This was a little spendy but I figured it was something i was going to wear for the rest of my life, it might as well be nice. 7mm Palladium (not the white gold pictured, Plladium is slightly darker which I liked)

Did not really take my wifes choice of ring into account when purchasing. We both agreed that it was insignificant for them to match or be similar in any way.
    That's it! That's my exact same ring! Crazy!
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    We also camp a lot and/or are near MN Lake Country. And I generally like to do hands on/handy type things. I like wearing a ring quite a bit so it was my idea to get the silicon rings. My wife's ring is a very old family heirloom and is irreplaceable so we both just wear silicon when we travel.

We both have white gold rings, but less so because we felt the need to match and more that it is the metal I wanted and her heirloom ring was already white gold.

Edit: 30 years old and married 3 years.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)
    Titanium with meteorite inlay. Needs a cleaning/buffing.
    Turning 31 in two days, married 3 years, together for nearly 12.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    184 Post(s)

White gold with yellow gold inlay.

I am not a big jewelry guy, so I wanted something minimalist but with a little style. Found this one on etsy. It was pretty inexpensive, not that I was opposed to spending some money on it, it just happened to be the one I really liked.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_s View Post
    That's it! That's my exact same ring! Crazy!
    that's cool!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    I have a very thin platinum ring from a brand that I won't mention (but we all know). Honestly it just looks like a washer.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1456 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Very interesting to see such a variety in wedding bands. A few follow ups:

(1) @greg_s mentioned that he uses a silicon for working out, chores and traveling -- does anyone else do this (i.e., have a 2nd ring for certain things) or know of others that do this?

(2) Did you take into account what color(s) your SO's engagement ring and/or wedding band is as well?

I'm leaning toward traditional gold varieties (yellow, rose or white), probably pretty standard shapes and minimal designs, but am still debating all of it.
    1) No, I don't have another ring for working out. I just take the one I have off, do my workout, and then put it back on. If some honey wants to chat me up at the gym, fine. But in all honesty I'm normally there to workout and not spending a lot of time chit chatting with randoms.

2) No. Both of us independently wanted white gold rings. Her rings are quite different from mine with multiple diamonds, settings, etc. I wanted a simple band. So there is no matchy matchy going on.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    10mm Tungsten here

Late 30s. Known the Mrs. since 2001. Went exclusive in 2008. Married 5 years in October.

Wife has a matching, smaller wedding ring to offset her engagement ring.