Thread: The Black Tux - Any experiences/thoughts?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)

The Black Tux - Any experiences/thoughts?

Hi guys - Getting hitched later this year, and we're going with black tie optional for our guests. I have my own tux (actually 2 of them... plus getting a dinner jacket... I might like formal attire too much), so I'm all squared away, but am actually looking to fit my father and to-be-father in law in black tie for the occasion. They're in two different states rather far away, and my father isn't in a big city, and so pointing them to a particular store doesn't quite work. Equally so, I don't necessarily want them in the exact same tux, especially since we aren't doing matching for wedding party, etc. so there will be plenty of varying tuxedos around. We just want them sharp for photos, etc.

Given the above, I'm thinking about giving them a few suggestions from The Black Tux and having them rent their own from there. This avoids the issue of my father needing to travel to get fitted, pick up, drop off, etc., but I'm also a bit wary of online only for something like this.

TL;DR - Does anyone have any experience using The Black Tux?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    I used them in 2016 for a wedding I was in. I was very impressed and would not hesitate to use them again if I needed a tux. I measured myself per their instructions and the tux fit perfectly with zero issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used them in 2017. No issues. All my groomsmen. Much better than wearing worn out tux from the local stores or menswearhouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I used them in 2014 for my wedding and 2016 for my friends wedding and they were great! Super easy to work with and customer service answered all my questions. They have opened up showrooms since then, so see if there is one near you to get measured and check out their tuxes.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Cool, thanks for the input guys! Sounds like enough that I shouldn't worry too much