Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Goodfellow & Co

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    I bought a pair of the $40 SLIM STRAIGHT SELVEDGE pants, which from what I could tell, are decidedly different from the regular $28 pants.
    Or now, the $30 Slim Straight Selvedge jeans.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    366 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    and the last one i'm going to post, the oddly long pocket, with interesting tapered seams. A real jeans person would say to me that this is some reference to some historical pair blah blah or something like that maybe. I have no idea *shrug*. just seems a little odd to me.
    I think perhaps the pocket design might have to do copyright issues. In the states, you can't copyright clothes, but you can argue that pocket stitching patterns can be copyrighted. Levi has sued companies over that. My guess is that Goodfellows is just trying to to be creative.

I also believe longer back pockets are in trend right now.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    807 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryn View Post
    I think perhaps the pocket design might have to do copyright issues. In the states, you can't copyright clothes, but you can argue that pocket stitching patterns can be copyrighted. Levi has sued companies over that. My guess is that Goodfellows is just trying to to be creative.

I also believe longer back pockets are in trend right now.
    longer back pockets fit bigger phones at least

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    807 Post(s)
    I typed a post and apparently didnt hit send. I tried on the henley's and liked them well enough. the softer material was nice. Will pick a couple up because I think they are on sale right now.