Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodfellow & Co

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)
    Stretch Denim 30x30 Athletic Straight

Donít call what your wearing an outfit. Donít ever say your car is broke.
    Donít sing with a fake British accent. Donít act like your familyís a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)
    Stretch Denim in Wheat 30x30 Slim

--Jason Isbell

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I saw a lot of the items today too and tried some on.

The chinos were a nice surprise. They feel soft and fit well. The slim is pretty slim but I picked up a pair and will see how they hold up.

The shirts were a little sparse at my Target still, but I tried on the oxfords and one of the other button ups. I liked the feel of the oxfords, though they're definitely lightweight and don't necessarily feel like an oxford material. For me in San Diego though, they seemed perfect, and felt soft. The other shirt was thinner, and felt a little scratchy to me. Both were 100% cotton. I, too, was surprised by the slim vs. standard. The slim is extremely slim, and the standard fits like a slim fit in many brands. The difference between a standard small and a slim medium was pretty huge though, and I suspect there might be a lot of guys who are in between sizes.

The shoes all looked terribly cheap.

The t-shirts and sweatshirts were very soft.

The socks had nice patterns but they're made of polyester.

The henleys were a disappointment for me because I'm pretty sure they're exactly the same as the merona henleys with a new tag and brand. I was never the biggest fan of those as they felt cheap and not very soft, so I'm going to pass on the henleys.

I tried on a lightweight sweater and it was ok, but I'm not sure how well it would hold up.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    My target had almost everything from the line in store today. Picked up the brown shirt jacket and I'll probably be back for more.

The slim fit pants are really slim as other users have mentioned, but they seem to be pretty good quality. I was surprised to find that most of the shirts (at least in my store) were standard fit, while there was plenty of selection when it came to slim fit pants. They had some nice pants in herringbone, glenn check, and houndstooth patterns. They were all grey & 100% cotton but all seemed to be good quality. I almost bought a pair in the houndstooth pattern but held off for now.

No sight of the pocket cardigan, but my store had cotton unconstructed blazers in olive and navy that were really nice for $40. Medium was just a tad big in the waist and sleeves for me (6'1" 140 lbs.) but the length actually seemed to be alright. I could definitely see myself picking one up in the olive color and getting it tailored.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    any of the chinos happen to be light gray?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1466 Post(s)
    <sigh> I remember when Target was in Canada for what seemed to be a weekend...
    @BillN great series of photos. I like the looks of those stretch denim pants in wheat. The look like a nice summer pant. The stretch denim in athletic straight look like nice pants too.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    <sigh> I remember when Target was in Canada for what seemed to be a weekend...
    @BillN great series of photos. I like the looks of those stretch denim pants in wheat. The look like a nice summer pant. The stretch denim in athletic straight look like nice pants too.
    They're interesting. I wasn't a fan of the high waist when I tried them on, but I actually like the way they look in the photos to some degree. They're cheap enough where I might pick a pair up just to try out the higher waist and see how I like it. There were more colors in the stretch denim as well.

For comparison sake on pants fit, in the shirt and jacket photos, I'm wearing a pair of cotton five pockets in slim fit from Old Navy Slim fit, 30x30
    --Jason Isbell

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelennor View Post
    I was surprised to find that most of the shirts (at least in my store) were standard fit, while there was plenty of selection when it came to slim fit pants.
    Don't be fooled. Those "standard" shirts are still quite slim.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    I like the new stuff, generally. Picked up some slim wheat jeans and an olive henley. Thought seriously about the canvas chore coat/shirt jacket thing but I've already got a Pointer chore coat that fills exactly the same role.

I was convinced this was simply going to be a rebranding of Mossimo/Merona but they do seem to have put some thought into nicer materials (at least, materials that feel softer and less cheap at first blush) and a more cohesive overall aesthetic to the lineup.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I bought the athletic fit chinos in three different colors, 4 ocbd, 2 of the baseball tees, a rugby shirt, and the olive green nylon vest. Overall, not a bad haul for around $250. The athletic fit pants were awesome, and fit me really well. The standard fit button downs fit just like a J. Crew slim to me, but maybe a bit more forgiving. The two tees and the rugby shirt were a little slim in the arms, but they'll stretch over time, or I'll just look extra jacked those days.