Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodfellow & Co

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phatte View Post
    Was walking through Target last night and saw they had some Goodfellow & Co items out. I walked out with a hoodie ($15) and tan canvas shirt jacket ($34).

They also had an assortment of flannels and nicely designed work shirts for $24 (both 100% cotton). Plus what were clearly meant to be knockoffs of the Patagonia Snap T that were 100% polyester.

Anyway, the stuff (other than the fleece) really didn't feel cheap to me. Obviously it also didn't feel amazing, but I've been encouraged by what I've seen so far.
    Any chance you have a photo of the shirt jacket? I saw something kind of like that from another poster over on Reddit I think and it looked nice but now I can't find it again.

I'm looking forward to checking out the line this weekend. I'm not expecting miracles, but another source for Gap/Banana Republic/J Crew Factory-esque clothes would be more than welcome. Since I've gained a few pounds recently and am finding some of my shirts a bit tight, I wouldn't mind picking up a few inexpensive casual button ups to tide me over until I can lose those few pounds again. A couple of the items in the lookbook and on the preview page also look very nice. The one I really want to try on because I like the look of it so much is the pocket cardigan:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    370 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingtopher View Post
    Any chance you have a photo of the shirt jacket? I saw something kind of like that from another poster over on Reddit I think and it looked nice but now I can't find it again.

I'm looking forward to checking out the line this weekend. I'm not expecting miracles, but another source for Gap/Banana Republic/J Crew Factory-esque clothes would be more than welcome. Since I've gained a few pounds recently and am finding some of my shirts a bit tight, I wouldn't mind picking up a few inexpensive casual button ups to tide me over until I can lose those few pounds again. A couple of the items in the lookbook and on the preview page also look very nice. The one I really want to try on because I like the look of it so much is the pocket cardigan:

I'm totally with you on that cardigan!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Here you go.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    I hope they keep tall sizes with the new line

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phatte View Post
    Oh nice. Somehow I missed that one when I was looking at the page. I also really like the look of that jacket.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I really want to see that sweater in person. The original announcement showed an olive green one that I want to pick up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    My local Target had the entire collection on the floor for sale today. The henleys were nice, but when I unfolded a medium, it looked too wide. The chinos and (selvedge) jeans looked to be good buys for $30. Some of the outerwear felt cheap. I didn't see any sweaters or cardigans.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Just got back from my Target. They were setting up shop, so the pocket cardigan wasn't there, but just about everything else was. And, overall? It's a win. The overall fit theme is "true to size, but forgiving," if that makes sense. Button-downs felt like they had just enough room in them to be comfortable without being either a sack or skin-tight. Henleys felt good on me, but I'm more broad-shouldered/chested, with some weight put on that's in the process of being taken off, so YMMV. Same for pullovers and hoodies. Didn't see any jeans, but chinos fit well and had a nice amount of stretch to them, kind of on par with the Old Navy built-in flex pants. My legs are a little larger, and I usually wear slim pants, but in these, slim was just about skin tight-I could make out my knee caps in these! So regular is probably a slim for a lot of folks, sort of like the Old Navy flex max jeans. Big winner for me was the plaid flannel chore coat, which is more of a soft canvas than flannel. It's oversized, meant for layering, but doesn't fit like a sack, which is fantastic-a good three-season option. Another winner even though I can't wear it at my current weight is the deconstructed blazer. It's super forgiving, with a good amount of stretch-I think it's made out of the same stretchy material as the chinos. The color is darker than the site-it's a good military olive drab color, which I love. The usual suspects are at play here-it's unlined, except for the sleeves, which have a slick lining. The fit is pretty good for a cheap blazer, except for the sleeves, which are-you guessed it- just a touch too long. If you layered a sweater or something under it, it's probably fine, but you may want to get them tailored for year-round use. HUGE dealbreaker on these is that they have - wait for it- functional buttons, which I know will give a lot of folks heartburn.

They were putting out hats and socks when I was there, looked like some cool sock patterns and hat materials. Hats were the usual bro fedoras (high crown, short brim), so I'm not their target audience, but the material looked a step up from their usual hat materials.

I'd say approach the shoes with caution. They fit well, but not a non man-made material to be found. Prices for the chukkas are $45, but you can pick up Clarks desert boots for $54 most days anyways.

What did I miss.....they have the usual basics like tees and baseball shirts, plus sneakers and pajama pants, of all things. Looks like a solid collection overall, with some surprising finds to be had. And this is just the stuff they had on the first truck-can't wait to see what else they have.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brown View Post
    I'd say approach the shoes with caution. They fit well, but not a non man-made material to be found. Prices for the chukkas are $45, but you can pick up Clarks desert boots for $54 most days anyways.
    Can you clarify what you mean? In clothing and shoes, man-made materials (poly, nylon, fake leather, etc) typically means lower quality. Natural materials like cotton, wool, and leather are desired.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by batkins9 View Post
    Can you clarify what you mean? In clothing and shoes, man-made materials (poly, nylon, fake leather, etc) typically means lower quality. Natural materials like cotton, wool, and leather are desired.
    Sorry for the (in hindsight) odd phrasing . I mean the shoes don't even break down WHAT material they're made from, instead labelling them as "100% man-made material." Not a great route for footwear.