Thread: Can anything be done on a blazer with the armholes too tight to allow full range?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)

Can anything be done on a blazer with the armholes too tight to allow full range?

I had a suitsupply blazer where the tailor had to take in the sleeve length from the shoulder. After (and after a slight complication), the jacket fits great...when my arms are at my side. When I lift my arms, the jacket gets too tight. so, shaking hands and the jacket starts to feel tight, lifting both arms to give a hug and the jacket feels like the seams are about to rip. It was not like this prior to tailoring. Can anything be done?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Totally doable (I've had it done) but YMMV: https://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/...on-suit.46675/

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hierophant View Post
    Totally doable (I've had it done) but YMMV: https://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/...on-suit.46675/
    Thanks! I asked her to do that, she got angry and yelled at me because of the previous work done. I told her to go ahead and charge me and she still felt bad so gave me a discount but kept complaining. She gouged me on the other work I asked for ($15 to sew up a loose seam in the lining of another jacket is a bit excessive) but only charged me $25 for the shoulder work.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    Thanks! I asked her to do that, she got angry and yelled at me because of the previous work done. I told her to go ahead and charge me and she still felt bad so gave me a discount but kept complaining. She gouged me on the other work I asked for ($15 to sew up a loose seam in the lining of another jacket is a bit excessive) but only charged me $25 for the shoulder work.
    Sounds like it all came out in the wash. Post a pic when it's done? I want to know how it ends!