Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Are those Sketchers?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    WATCH OUT GUYS FOR THESE: SHOES FOR 'FALL' WITH 'LUG SOLES'. ALLEN EDMONDS SEVERE DECLINE CONTINUES. OH THE HUMANITY!

Is it bad that I actually like all of those? The fall gets pretty slick sometimes, so having those lug soles with a pair of cuffed flannel trousers would be a great combo to go stomping through some leaves on my way to the office

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Quoted
    782 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    Is it bad that I actually like all of those? The fall gets pretty slick sometimes, so having those lug soles with a pair of cuffed flannel trousers would be a great combo to go stomping through some leaves on my way to the office
    You are going against forum policy liking non-leather soles and choosing function over form /s

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    You are going against forum policy liking non-leather soles and choosing function over form /s
    But he's praising AE, so the gods of internet shoe discussion will bless him. 😉

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    From the top profile I like the Tate Wingtip and Cap Toe; could be a great casual rainy season shoe. Those soles though...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    The Tate Chelsea boots are now on sale at Zappos and at AE's Factory Seconds pop-up. For a hot minute, I was actually considering them. It's crazy cold here in NYC and I need a practical, every day boot that can grip to slippery sidwalks and subway platforms, comfortable enough to chase my toddler. Casual and comfortable enough for weekends but nice enough for work too. These Tates come close-ish to me.

I recently had to throw away my must loved first pair of AEs. They were dark brown Chelsea boots with a little brouge detail on the toe with Danite sole. I wore them to death. I should have taken photos before I threw them out and I almost wish I didn't throw them out.

Seems like you're all unanimously opposed to Tates, even the Chelsea boot? Can you recommend other alternatives? I bought the black Liverpool boots which I was hoping would be a decent replacement, but so far they are not breaking in well and aren't comfortable.

I find I'm wearibng my Alden Indy boots more, but they are so large and heavy and take so long to put off and on. Maybe I'm lazy?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    490 Post(s)
    GUYS i figured out who is to blame for the SEVERE DECLINE OF ALLEN EDMONDS

wait for it...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    807 Post(s)
    eh...I would wear suede with lug soles. I dont like monks one single bit. or black shoes. I think the problem is everyone looks at AE as dress shoes only. Those suede shoes with soem dark jeans and a blazer would be great in the fall. Or even some heavy chinos and a chunky cardigan.