Thread: American Giant vs. Serious Sweats by Lands End

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

American Giant vs. Serious Sweats by Lands End

Anyone have experience with either of these? In the market for a new hoodie. I have a couple from Alternative Apparel, but they're almost too thin. Looking for a thicker option.

http://www.american-giant.com/classi...oaAt2AEALw_wcB

https://www.landsend.com/products/me...19?sku_0=::YDB

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff4 View Post
    Anyone have experience with either of these? In the market for a new hoodie. I have a couple from Alternative Apparel, but they're almost too thin. Looking for a thicker option.

http://www.american-giant.com/classi...oaAt2AEALw_wcB

https://www.landsend.com/products/me...19?sku_0=::YDB
    It can't hurt. Land's End customer service and return policy is legendary. Return it for a full refund if you're not happy with it for any reason, at any point in time. How can you go wrong with that?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    That's a good point. Maybe I'll try it out when they run another 35/40% off. So... tomorrow. Or next week. Or the week after.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)
    Curious how it turns out. I'm a big fan of my LE sail rigger oxfords and flannels. American Giant has had my interest, but I haven't checked them out yet.

I recently picked up some Reigning Champ gear--another popular hoodie option. I got a t-shirt and a thin hoodie on sale, and I wasn't overwhelmed. Certainly nice stuff with great stitching, but the the price and hype is over inflated. Maybe I needed to try one of the thick sweatshirts to get it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    I have a pair of the lands end 'French Terry Trousers' that I picked up last winter (I think), and I absolutely love them. They are medium-weight, a bit more tailored in the legs, have a draw-string waist and side and rear pockets. I'm kicking myself for only getting 1 pair, now that they don't seem to be an item they are continuing to carry.

Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1474 Post(s)
    I have one of the LE sweatshirts from a few years back. It is pretty thick, not particularly soft, the dye bled quite a bit on the first wash and has faded slightly. No pilling (yet). The fit is decently slim.
    Ben

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I tried an American Giant hoodie but sent it back as it was too fitted through the torso - I sized down based on their recommendation but maybe should have taken the next size up and I could have tried that but went with a Flint and Tinder 10 year hoodie instead. Very nice hoodie but IMO the thing is even the nicest cotton hoodie is still just a cotton hoodie. I think both the AG and F&T were about the same weight, though I never compared them side by side, and thicker than your standard H&M or other mass retailer hoodie. I have a 10 year old LL Bean hoodie that's just as plush as the Flint and Tinder one. It fits me like a sack so the fit isn't as nice for the LL Bean one, but as far as the materials its made of it's just as thick and cozy.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    For really nice hoodies, check out Huckberry's Flint and Tinder or the Canadian brand Sitka. I've got both and they're fantastic.