Thread: Tailor in the South Bay California?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Tailor in the South Bay California?

Hi everyone!

I haven't really used a tailor before but have a lot of shirts that I have to make slimmer. Does anyone have any recommendations on a tailor in the South Bay (Mountain View but willing to drive a little for a great tailor), please let me know if you do!

Thanks,
    Ad

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    No recommendation, since I'm not from the area, but a word of advice: weigh the cost of making all of those alterations. Unless it's a really nice shirt, it might be worth donating and buying over. I remember doing the same several years ago, before "slim" shirts were widely available, I spent a small fortune.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MIS997 View Post
    No recommendation, since I'm not from the area, but a word of advice: weigh the cost of making all of those alterations. Unless it's a really nice shirt, it might be worth donating and buying over. I remember doing the same several years ago, before "slim" shirts were widely available, I spent a small fortune.
    Thanks for the suggestion. For dress shirt, it's been hard to find one that fits well. I've tried BB but even then the sides aren't very fitted.. did you tailor all of your shirts or did you find one that fits OTR?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    This was back before "slim fit" was available readily OTR, but there are plenty of budget friendly options available for slim fit dress shirts now...FWIW, if you're trying on a BB Regent Fit, I found them to be too baggy, too. I prefer Nordstrom Men's Shop, J. Crew Ludlow, and Twillory.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Bob Stankovic in Menlo Park