Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audit My Closet

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    No t-shirts, underwear, or socks? How lewd!
    Per my first post, this is just my dress wardrobe.

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    801 Post(s)
    Please realize this is all personal preference here. And what works for me might not work for you.

I would get ride of the first two Todd Snyder jackets in the first picture. I'm not a fan of the check pattern and to me (old?) eyes seem kind of dated.

I do like the Bonobos green jacket (and pants?) though. Very unique. Same goes for the third Todd Snyder jacket in the first pick. The blue and black check pattern is eye catching.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Please realize this is all personal preference here. And what works for me might not work for you.

I would get ride of the first two Todd Snyder jackets in the first picture. I'm not a fan of the check pattern and to me (old?) eyes seem kind of dated.

I do like the Bonobos green jacket (and pants?) though. Very unique. Same goes for the third Todd Snyder jacket in the first pick. The blue and black check pattern is eye catching.
    Haha - funny to show how much tastes differ, because I personally prefer the first two more than the third! I appreciate the commentary though! I think i do have a bit too much plaid right now. I'd swap that lighter grey plaid TS blazer for a light grey Bonobos blazer in a lightweight, all-season wool.

Keep 'em coming guys...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)
    First thoughts. That's a lot of shoes and while different shades a lot of redundancies in style. And you have a lot of patterns but I'd add some classic color suits. Depending on your industry and work dress requirements.

Love that green jacket. I'd definitely want to add that to my wardrobe.

The green pants are a little too green to me and if in my wardrobe I'd struggle with what to wear then with.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    First thoughts. That's a lot of shoes and while different shades a lot of redundancies in style. And you have a lot of patterns but I'd add some classic color suits. Depending on your industry and work dress requirements.

Love that green jacket. I'd definitely want to add that to my wardrobe.

The green pants are a little too green to me and if in my wardrobe I'd struggle with what to wear then with.
    Thanks! What shoes would you keep and which you get rid of?

Make the plunge on the green blazer. I wore it for the first time last week, and I don't think I've ever received so many compliments on anything I've worn.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)
    @MIS997 for me downsizing your shoes depends on if you're selling or just donating if out of space. My personal preference is less items and I'd replace them with something else when something wears out.

Given my profession and wardrobe i only see the need for 1-2 pair of loafers and maybe 1-3 pairs of suede type shoes. I'd keep brown or gray shades. All the others are just redundant.

If you're just donating I'd stop buying and just downsize as pairs wear out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    @MIS997 for me downsizing your shoes depends on if you're selling or just donating if out of space. My personal preference is less items and I'd replace them with something else when something wears out.

Given my profession and wardrobe i only see the need for 1-2 pair of loafers and maybe 1-3 pairs of suede type shoes. I'd keep brown or gray shades. All the others are just redundant.

If you're just donating I'd stop buying and just downsize as pairs wear out.
    I'd love to downsize and sell a few here and there, but it seems to be a total PITA. The other problem is that when you have too much, it's hard to wear anything out. Thanks again for the input!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MIS997 View Post
    I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want your input! Please feel free to share.
    Fair enough. I would get rid of some of your jackets for sure, as I feel you have too many patterned choices; specifically the first two Todd Snyder jackets in the first picture, the Lands End and Bonobos jacket in the second (sorry, not a fan of that color green on a jacket unless it's St. Patrick's Day. No offense) and first and forth jacket in the bottom picture. As for the suits, I'd lose the gray windowpane and replace it with solid charcoal. I'd also donate the red, pink and black gingham shirts (looks black...might be navy? If so, never mind on that one). I'd lose the green pants (they look emerald green), and finally I'd let the following shoes go: black, whitish and sand colored bluchers, probably 1/3 of the loafers (you have a lot) and one pair of black boots (your choice). Again, though, that's what I would do. I'm of the mindset of "less is more," and right now your situation is "more is more."

I hope that helps. Good luck man!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iviustang50h View Post
    Fair enough. I would get rid of some of your jackets for sure, as I feel you have too many patterned choices; specifically the first two Todd Snyder jackets in the first picture, the Lands End and Bonobos jacket in the second (sorry, not a fan of that color green on a jacket unless it's St. Patrick's Day. No offense) and first and forth jacket in the bottom picture. As for the suits, I'd lose the gray windowpane and replace it with solid charcoal. I'd also donate the red, pink and black gingham shirts (looks black...might be navy? If so, never mind on that one). I'd lose the green pants (they look emerald green), and finally I'd let the following shoes go: black, whitish and sand colored bluchers, probably 1/3 of the loafers (you have a lot) and one pair of black boots (your choice). Again, though, that's what I would do. I'm of the mindset of "less is more," and right now your situation is "more is more."

I hope that helps. Good luck man!
    I agree with a lot of what you're saying, and the scorched Earth approach seems like a good idea! Much appreciated.