Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Casual Shoe recommendation

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quoted
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrake View Post
    I seriously considered the San Marco, but I don't love the lugged sole. Leeds 2.0 just doesn't do it for me for some reason. The other option I've been considering is vintage Florsheim Imperial PTBs in brown grain leather.

A weird one that I kinda like was the AE Jodox. Double leather sole, split good year welt, and two eyelet lacing. Odd combo of sleek and casual.
    I liked the Jodox in person but it is down the list of shoes I would own. Don't know how it would fit in. Similarly I want to like the Grantham but I have not seen them in person and pictures aren't doing it any help.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjaygolf View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the Strandmok 2.0? The reviews I've seen aren't that great
    I've had them in my hand and tried them on. They are an unlined Strand with casual welt and sole and the upper is pretty floppy without a lining. Without the lining and the suede not having much thickness they have a little more room in them than a Strands. The suede quality is not anything near the CE Stead on my chukkas. BTW, the Saukville is the same suede but with a lining. At the price I paid for my Saukvilles, I can live with thin suede.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by winghus View Post
    I've had them in my hand and tried them on. They are an unlined Strand with casual welt and sole and the upper is pretty floppy without a lining. Without the lining and the suede not having much thickness they have a little more room in them than a Strands. The suede quality is not anything near the CE Stead on my chukkas. BTW, the Saukville is the same suede but with a lining. At the price I paid for my Saukvilles, I can live with thin suede.
    Thanks for the response on the Strandmok 2.0. I'm curious about the below Aldo shoe. Not really an Aldo fan but I like the casual look of it and it's reasonably priced. Seems like it would fit in right about a boat shoe without looking to dressy

http://us.asos.com/aldo/aldo-adrauni...df510087d472d0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galcobar View Post
    Suede bucks. Miami so maybe in light grey; less flashy than white, and if you get one of the sleeker designs (perhaps Blake stitched to offer thinner soles) it fits nicely between dress shoes and boat shoes.
    +1 to this. Suede bucks in what Cole Haan calls "milkshake" suede would be ideal for Miami/warmer climates. New Republic by Mark McNairy has some solid choices, on sale currently.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)
    Search Zappos for mens "casual" "nubuck" and "oxford"

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Your aldo choice made me think of this:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Linen-...efault,pd.html

I think it would fit well with the Miami vibe.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    I have a pair of these my wife got me during the anniversary sale. They're super light weight and comfortable.
    http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/toms-c...by-men/3914810