Thread: Jcrew suit...need some advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Jcrew suit...need some advice

So I ordered a suit from Jcrew for some summer weddings. I was not able to try on the Crosby in store, only the ludlow. Ludlow 42R fit good, but the Crosby was available on a great sale. I called CS and got all thenemaditement and the Crosby 40R was almost identical in most measurements to the Ludlow 42R. After receiving the suit, the pants are fine but I am on the fence about the jacket. Fit seems to be really good except for I'm getting a bunch of wrinkling in the sleeves. I'm guessing this due to the cut and the Crosby having more material in the sleeves for those with bigger muscles. In case it matters, this suit is Italian chino, not wool, so maybe that's part of the wrinkling issue and is normal? Take a look at the pics and let me know what you guys think and if the arm issues can be easily tailored or if you don't think it's an issue. Shoulder seems to be the right size so not sure whats causing the wrinkling. My preference would be to keep it as I got the whole suit at an insane deal, but if it doesn't fit it doesn't fit and isn't worth anything.

Thanks for the feedback

https://imgur.com/gallery/bKhlX

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Yeah it looks like your shoulders/upper arms are too big and are basically stressing the fabric in the upper arm of the jacket. From straight on it looks like it fits in the chest/shoulder to shoulder, but that side view makes it look like the armholes and arms are too narrow for your upper arms. I generally don't have that problem, so if you want my incredible arm size reducing plan here it is for free, though I usually charge for this advice: stop strength training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ha, thanks for the advice. I played soccer and tennis from the time I was 5 through college so big legs and broader shoulders and muscular arms were an unfortunate byproduct when it comes to good fitting clothes off the rack. I agree the straight on fit looks good, it's just that side angle is not ideal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I'd actually like to do more strength training but have developed issues with my wrists due to a congenital defect - my ulna is too long in relation to my radius. The only solution is shortening my ulna by a few milimeters, which means cutting a disk out of the bone and screwing in a plate to hold the ends together until the bone mends shorter - basically breaking my arm on purpose. Until I get that done I can't lift weights beyond a certain point without my wrists killing me. I used to be able to do pushups on my knuckles but I'm having issues with that and other body weight exercises now so it's probably time to bite the bullet and get surgery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Any other feedback or suggested fix?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3alex10 View Post
    Any other feedback or suggested fix?
    A 42

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by winghus View Post
    A 42
    This.

Get the Ludlow 42 that you originally stated fit well. Unfortunately CS steered you wrong on this one IMO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    I actually think it fits fine, minus the sleeves needing shortened. The chest may be a tad big but it can just be from the angle. The bunching and wrinkling is just due to it being chino material.