Thread: Cheaper alternative to these Cole Haan Grands

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Cheaper alternative to these Cole Haan Grands

Guys - I'm starting to think about winter and looking for a pair of shoes that can be my daily work shoes, to still look good with wool trousers, but to just take a beating - to give my Allen Edmonds a break.

I think I'd like to look for a pair very similar to these - brown in color, with the athletic inspired sole.

Anyone have any cheaper recommendations?

https://www.amazon.com/Cole-Haan-Ori...d=1&th=1&psc=1

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)
    Have you tried anything from Nordstrom's 1901 line? I don't think they have any short or longwing offerings but they have a number of brown leather + dainite rubber sole offerings for around $100 If I remember right.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff4 View Post
    Guys - I'm starting to think about winter and looking for a pair of shoes that can be my daily work shoes, to still look good with wool trousers, but to just take a beating - to give my Allen Edmonds a break.

I think I'd like to look for a pair very similar to these - brown in color, with the athletic inspired sole.

Anyone have any cheaper recommendations?

https://www.amazon.com/Cole-Haan-Ori...d=1&th=1&psc=1
    Zara is kind've everything that's wrong with fashion these days and these are probably made in a sweatshop... but they're $90 and very similar

https://www.zara.com/us/en/man/shoes...1p4604044.html

-e

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    243 Post(s)
    Are you specifically looking for a dress shoe that has a white rubber sole, or a dress shoe that has a rubber sole (not necessarily white) that can somewhat take a beating?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    I am looking specifically for something that has the athletic rubber sole; something of a commuter. I'm in South Dakota, and I want something that can walk around on ice/snow/slush, but still look a bit dressed up. I guess I'm describing the shoe equivalent of a mullet. So that's nice.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    @emynd - Yeah, those look damn close - exactly the kind I'm looking for. Though, DSW does have the Cole Haans for $110, might even be able to use some coupons to get them even cheaper.

Skechers used to have knock offs, but i can't find them anymore.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)
    Maybe something from Ben Sherman?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Clarks has a couple of pairs on their website in the 50-60 dollar range. Brown/tan with white sole but no wing.

I bought a pair of Clarks in 2014 and while the fabric lining at the heel is all torn up the rest of the shoe has held up quite well. A very god shoe to walk in.