Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: jcrew 30% off code: STF03M3 with NO Exclusions

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)
    My order was placed late afternoon on the 8th, nearly 20 hours before the code was set to expire. So, going back to them saying it was expired... it wasn't. Having a system that checks whether a code is valid or not before checkout can't be that complicated can it? At no point did I ever get a message saying it wasn't for 3rd party merchandise and the discount was reflected in the order.

I never intended to come here and argue. I only hoped to share my experience with J Crew CS in regards to this whole thing. Points have been made and there isn't much else to say. For those of you whose orders did go through congrats and good luck to any whose orders are still waiting processing/cancellation.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpark View Post
    The first page of this thread contains a comment saying J Crew confirmed it wasn't for 3rd party merchandise and two comments saying it's a code error. You've got paintflinger confirming (presumably after a call to J Crew) that it was supposed to expire at noon on the 9th. Half of the discussion here has been about J Crew having these code errors periodically. The reddit thread that this came from started by saying it was an erroneous code. Let's not pretend that people who found the code here are so naive that they assumed the code was supposed to exist and be widely spread across the internet as it was.

Not really. It could be both. In fact, before Rawfull ordered his jackets (or commented that he had, at least), we had comments stating that J Crew said it was not for 3rd party and another comment saying that it was supposed to be expired. The messaging from customer service here sounds poor, but I wasn't on the call, so I don't really know.

Also, clearly J Crew does find it complicated to implement codes correctly, because they screw it up pretty regularly and do things like unintentionally allow stacking when transitioning from one sale to another. The code's behavior is insufficient to establish its intent.
    Woah, I was just reporting when people said the code stopped working. Supposedly J Crew CS was saying that the code expired on 8/2, not 8/9

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    Having a system that checks whether a code is valid or not before checkout can't be that complicated can it?
    Doesn't seem complicated on its face, but I don't have a lot of faith in the technical prowess of the team building J Crew's websites. They have lots of glitches (including discount code glitches).

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    At no point did I ever get a message saying it wasn't for 3rd party merchandise and the discount was reflected in the order.
    Of course not. If that part worked, they'd have rejected the code.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Well I found the code on Put this on. I placed my G9 order at 9pm on the 8th. Knock on wood but my order hasn't been cancelled. It is backordered though with a ship date of 9/22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    just going against the 3rd party thing. my Vans / J Crew shoes are in the mail and due to arrive Mon or Tues.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    Yea I also bought Vans with the code. They are in my closet right now.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    I got to say, the Alden's are insanely comfortable.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paintflinger View Post
    I got to say, the Alden's are insanely comfortable.
    Jealous. Which Aldens did you get?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Doctor View Post
    Jealous. Which Aldens did you get?
    The number 8 cordovan cap toes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    i need another one of these LOL. I need a pair or two of their dress pants now.