Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want Suede Chukkas - Go Expensive or Not so Much?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSlow View Post
    I wear suede probably about half the time (Cobbler Union Oxford, Church's Chukka, Herring Chelsea, Scarosso Derby, Cobbler Union Driver) and love it. I wear the boots in all kinds of weather and all kinds of terrain. The Church's Chukka boot is built like a tank, or a hammer. I'm also right down the street from CU, and quite like their suede chukka. I had my Church's before I know CU existed though. As for who-ever posted about the AE, the price sounds good, but there is just something weird about their lasts. They look "funny" to me.
    I absolutely love CU so i am really drawn back to them. That price is a little steeper than i want to pay but i may just suck it up and save my pennies. I have three pairs from them currently and are honestly the only dress shoes i own other than one pair of AE camp mocs. I have been wanting to pick up a pair of cap toe oxfords from them as well. I prob should pick those up first, but i really want those Chukkas LOL.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neminat View Post
    I absolutely love CU so i am really drawn back to them. That price is a little steeper than i want to pay but i may just suck it up and save my pennies. I have three pairs from them currently and are honestly the only dress shoes i own other than one pair of AE camp mocs. I have been wanting to pick up a pair of cap toe oxfords from them as well. I prob should pick those up first, but i really want those Chukkas LOL.
    What size are you? I have oxfords from them that I never wear. I'd love to see them go to a good home, and I'm very reasonable.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    What size are you? I have oxfords from them that I never wear. I'd love to see them go to a good home, and I'm very reasonable.
    In the william and the barcelona i am an 8.5 UK and in the renoir III boot i am an 8 UK.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    500 Post(s)
    In the william and the barcelona i am an 8.5 UK and in the renoir III boot i am an 8 UK.
    Another option in roughly the same price range is Rancourt and Company. Their chukkas go for either $325 or $345. They are also a smaller company of the type you like - they broke off from Allen Edmonds a few years ago. Mind you, I personally don't like the crepe soles.

Slightly cheaper but still well beyond Thursday Boot Company, SuitSupply has what I think is a beautiful brown suede chukka for $279: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/shoes...tml?cgid=Shoes. I personally much prefer the look of it to the Cobbler Union one. (I'm not wild about either the accent stitching or the contrasting laces, but you singled them out as particular plus points, so to each their own). And SuitSupply's chukka has a rubber sole. On the other hand, it's a bigger company than you like. But, like Allen Edmonds and Loake, far from being a corporate behemoth, like, say, J. Crew or Brooks Brothers, let alone Gap or Nordstrom.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Too bad. Mine are UK10.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Too bad. Mine are UK10.
    dang! i was all excited LOL

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    dang! i was all excited LOL
    Me too!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    1) those Cobbler Union boots are ugly AF. They look like they are trying hard to have an Italian look, which totally defeats the purpose of chukkas. Don't justify buying ugly $425 boots because they are from some small company and are "high quality." Those things are just ugly.

2) those Thursday Boots chukkas are 10x better looking and almost a third of the price.

3) why would you spend big money on something as worthless as suede chukka boots? You can buy cheap suede boots that look great. You can buy Clark's that look great for $130. Spend big money on staples, not some wannabe Italian boots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I recommend the Allen Edmonds Dundee if you can still find a pair. I bought two pairs in suede and love them. On clearance, they're an unbeatable deal.