Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: T-shirts and shorts in the summer anyone? Or is it too casual?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I find that I feel more put-together in my T-shirt/shorts ensembles when I use summer colors. A blue gingham pair of shorts with a burnt orange garment-dyed tee still looks like you care a bit. As opposed to a plain white tee and plain tan shorts.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    My daily uniform is gym shorts and a v-neck t-shirt. That's mostly because I live in Florida and work remotely. The amount of ball sweat you accumulate in this state once you put on anything other than gym-shorts is insane.

That said, if I am leaving the house, it's not hard to throw on "outside" shorts in a jiffy.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)
    In my part of the world it's always in the 80s and 90s year round. I wear the tee and shorts combo going to the gym, or for a quick in and out at the mall and if I'm not expecting to see anyone I know. The tee and shorts are always well-fitting, of course.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3piece View Post
    I don't mind the look, but in the name of versatility, I live in wool trousers and shirts all year round. When I have to go to, say the beach, I wear khakis and a polo.
    You wear chinos to the beach? Do you mean chino shorts or are you actually walking around the sand in a pair of long pants?

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2144 Post(s)
    If I'm going to the beach and it's hot out, you can bet your sweet bippy I'm rolling up in swim trunks and a t-shirt. Chinos at the beach are for cool/rainy/windy Pacific or North Atlantic conditions or maybe for a beach wedding or something.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    If I'm going to the beach and it's hot out, you can bet your sweet bippy I'm rolling up in swim trunks and a t-shirt. Chinos at the beach are for cool/rainy/windy Pacific or North Atlantic conditions or maybe for a beach wedding or something.
    ^ This. Agree 100%

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Shorts, v neck on a daily basis as I chase 2 kids

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)
    J. Crew 9" inch shorts and J. Crew washed slim v-necks are my uniform when I am not at work during the summer. If it is too humid and im just around the house, shirt is optional.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpark View Post
    You wear chinos to the beach? Do you mean chino shorts or are you actually walking around the sand in a pair of long pants?
    Long pants, yes. I roll those up walking on the sand. I don't go walk on the shore often enough. I definitely don't go to the water either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I feel like this would be a good place to mention the merits of the short sleeve button down and shorts. I know that short sleeve button downs get a bad wrap, but they look great with shorts, or even pants so long as you get them with sleeves that fit. Too often the sleeves balloon out off of your arm. But, good fitting short sleeves are out there. Promise. Furthermore, I fundamentally do not understand the shots with rolled up OCBD sleeves. If it's hot enough to wear shorts, it is certainly hot enough for a short sleeve shirt. To me, shorts and a rolled-up long sleeve looks like it's laundry day, and you were out of options.