Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone carry a pocket knife?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brown View Post
    Not a pocket knife by any stretch, but did anyone else see/purchase Bespoke's Damascus field knife this month?

Not EDC in the least, but daammmmmmmmn. It's in my Get Home Bag right now.

What is a Get Home Bag?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JT10000 View Post
    What is a Get Home Bag?
    A bag you keep in your car that has all the supplies you would need to get home in case of an emergency. I keep one because I tend to wander down dirt roads and sometimes we go off road. It also functions well as a spontaneous hiking bag.

another term you may hear is the bug out bag. thats usually a bigger bag people keep at home that has all the supplies they would need in case they have to leave in a hurry. Some people pack it almost as a weekend road trip bag. some people go doomsday prepper. I dont have one of those.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Yep! I don't have a BoB, but I have camping/backpacking gear, so I figure I'm solid if shit hit the fan. I've had a GHB ever since a snowstorm in the Birmingham area stranded me and a few thousand other people in their offices overnight, plus it's a handy gear stash in case Red Mountain's hiking trails call my name

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)
    I was at Nordstrom the other day picking up some boots I had ordered online. The girl working there asked if I needed something to open the packaging with to try them on. I said "No thank you" and used my pocket knife. She was like "Thats the coolest thing I have seen in a minute. Very casual, very cool." It was a decent looking manual open knife with a bleached bone handle so it wasnt too technical or tactical. I was surprised by the appreciation.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brown View Post
    Yep! I don't have a BoB, but I have camping/backpacking gear, so I figure I'm solid if shit hit the fan. I've had a GHB ever since a snowstorm in the Birmingham area stranded me and a few thousand other people in their offices overnight, plus it's a handy gear stash in case Red Mountain's hiking trails call my name
    same thing here. Its really more of an on demand hiking bag with some extras for long term emergency supplies. Its nice to be like "you want to go on a hike?" and be already prepared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Both my father and grandfather always wore a watch, carried a handkerchief and a pocket knife. I just understood that those are things a gentleman should always have with him. I'm usually carrying either a Case Copperlock or a smaller Old Timer. I have an old shoe polish container full of my Grandfather's old knives - going back to the first one he had as a young boy. They're all still razor sharp ... the guy knew how to sharpen a knife.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 74vibrolux View Post
    Both my father and grandfather always wore a watch, carried a handkerchief and a pocket knife. I just understood that those are things a gentleman should always have with him. I'm usually carrying either a Case Copperlock or a smaller Old Timer. I have an old shoe polish container full of my Grandfather's old knives - going back to the first one he had as a young boy. They're all still razor sharp ... the guy knew how to sharpen a knife.
    same for me. Well, not the collection. I only have 1 of his unfortunately. But he always carried those things as well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    I use to carry a Spyderco Endura 4 all the time and then stopped when I was trying to streamline what I carry in my pockets.
    I should really start carrying it again as I frequently regret its absence.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Recently switched from a Leatherman Skeletool to a Leatherman Squirt PS4 as my main pocketknife. I mostly use it to cut open boxes and use the wire cutters occasionally at work so I didn’t really need the bulk of the bigger tool.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    Santa brought me the Kershaw Chive. I like it. It's currently clipped into the fifth pocket of my jeans, as a test to decide if I want to remove the clip or not.